- October 16, 2014
2014 marks 100 years since the start of the First World War. Lone Star College-Montgomery plans to spend the next four years commemorating each year spent fighting the “Great War”.
- October 03, 2014
Lone Star College-Montgomery is hosting an adjunct faculty hiring fair on Tuesday, October 21, from 4-6 p.m., in the Atrium of the Health Science Center (building B) on the Montgomery campus. This event is free of charge, open to the public and light refreshments will be served to candidates in attendance.
- October 01, 2014
The Lone Star College-Montgomery safety and emergency training committee is teaming up with the office of student life to support National Night Out, an annual nationwide event to promote crime prevention, form police and community partnerships, and build neighborhood camaraderie to help combat crime, with a week’s worth of campus safety and fun during its first annual Campus Safety Week on October 6-9.
- October 01, 2014
Lone Star College-Montgomery mascot, Monty the Maverick, is leading the way this year in used eyeglass donation to provide sight for others. In partnership with Conroe Noon Lions Club, LSC-Montgomery is collecting old or used eyeglasses, lens, frames, and even cell phones throughout the month of October.
- September 24, 2014
LSC-Montgomery’s art department, in conjunction with artist and LSC-Montgomery art professor Valerie Yaklin-Brown, will curate the works of three area photographers in an exhibition entitled “Unrestricted Boundaries,” on display Monday, October 6, through Friday, October 24, in the college’s Mary Matteson-Parrish Art Gallery, located in the Performing Arts Center (Building D).
- September 22, 2014Lone Star College-Montgomery mascot, Monty the Maverick, is leading the way this year in used eyeglass donation to provide sight for others.
- September 18, 2014LSC-Montgomery’s music department is excited to present piano “super” Saturday, a day-long musical festival dedicated to anything piano related, on Saturday, November 1, from 12 to 6 p.m., in the Recital Hall, located in the college’s Music Hall (Building H).
- September 15, 2014In connection with October being National Substance Abuse Prevention month, Lone Star College-Montgomery’s Human Services Student Organization will offer a series of lectures designed to raise awareness of issues related to drugs and alcohol. All lectures will be held on the LSC-Montgomery campus in building G, room 102.
- September 11, 2014New and current students still have a chance to take classes this fall at LSC-Montgomery as Late Start courses, an alternative to the regular 16-week semester, begin in September and October.
- September 11, 2014LSC-Montgomery, in partnership with the Texas Familias Council, will honor Hispanic Heritage month with a community leadership event on Tuesday, September 30, on the LSC-Montgomery campus, in the Performing Arts Center (Bldg. D).