LSC-North Harris News
- October 16, 2014Lone Star College-North Harris hosts Dia de la Familia “Putting Community into Community College” event Oct. 25
Lone Star College-North Harris will host Dia de la Familia on Saturday, October 25 from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in the Student Services Building. This free event will feature information about educational opportunities and career paths that are offered by the college, and targets the community’s rapidly growing Hispanic population.
- October 10, 2014
With 17,721 students enrolled at Lone Star College-North Harris this fall and a critical need for trained technical workers in the Houston region, several technology, workforce program and facility upgrades are earmarked in a LSC $485 million bond on the November election ballot.
- October 03, 2014Lone Star College will host an adjunct faculty job fair for people interested in teaching at LSC-North Harris, LSC-Greenspoint and LSC-Victory Center Saturday, Oct. 11, from 9 a.m. – noon.
- October 02, 2014Treat yourself to a new hair cut for the fall! The CHI Lone Star College-North Harris School of Cosmetology invites the community to take advantage of free haircuts (blow dry if time permits), offered as part of the school’s curriculum at its new facility located at 910 E. Richey Road in Houston.
- September 24, 2014
The Lone Star College-North Harris Division of Fine Arts presents “Afterlife: A Ghost Story,” by Steve Yockey. Performances are scheduled for October 15 through October 19.
- September 24, 2014Lone Star College-North Harris offering a Certified Nurse Aide Certificate program for fall semester
Learn how to become a Certified Healthcare Professional in just eight weeks! The Certified Nurse Aide Certificate (C.N.A.) program at LSC-North Harris is designed to meet and exceed the state requirements for Nurse Aides. If you are looking for an exciting career in healthcare, this program maybe just what you are looking for.
- September 23, 2014Calling all active adults age 50 and better! Join the Lone Star College-North Harris Academy for Lifelong Learning (ALL) today! The ALL program courses offer a range of instruction from water color to digital photography.
- September 23, 2014
Are you looking for a career in cosmetology? CHI Lone Star College-North Harris School of Cosmetology has planned a series of fall open houses at its facility, located at 910 E. Richey Road in Houston. Designed to introduce prospective students to the school’s offerings, the first of the fall open houses will take place on Monday, Oct. 6 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., with a second planned for Monday, November 3, also from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- September 17, 2014Hispanic Heritage Month at Lone Star College-North Harris features Sept. 24 presentation by Dr. Jose-Antonio Orosco
Dr. Jose-Antonio Orosco, director of the peace studies program at Oregon State University, will make a special presentation at Lone Star College-North Harris on Wednesday, Sept. 24 at noon in the Academic Building (ACAD-126), located at 2700 W.W. Thorne Drive in Houston. This event is free and open to the public, but seating is limited.
- September 10, 2014
Kenneth Dautrich, professor of public opinion and public policy at The University of Connecticut, will make a special presentation to celebrate Constitution Day at Lone Star College-North Harris on Wednesday, Sept. 17 at 10:30 a.m. in the Academic Building (ACAD-126), located at 2700 W.W. Thorne Drive in Houston.