LSC-North Harris News
- Lone Star College-North Harris GED graduation speaker hopes to inspire others that it is never too late to head back to the classroom - May 16, 2013
Kimberly White, a
student at Lone Star College-North Harris, learned later on in life that her
education was important to her, so she decided to go back to school to earn her
- CHI Lone Star College-North Harris School of Cosmetology students host spring community events - May 15, 2013
CHI Lone Star College-North
Harris School of Cosmetology students recently hosted two community hair
events, giving the students the opportunity to put their skills in action.
- Watch the LSC-North Harris Graduation Ceremony Online - May 10, 2013
Lone Star College-North Harris' Commencement Ceremony will be available to view LIVE via the web. The web stream will be available on Friday, May 10, 2013 starting at 6:30 p.m.
- Lone Star College-North Harris turns the table on math struggles with flipped classroom - May 07, 2013
Lone Star College-North Harris is leading the way and reaching greater
heights through a unique teaching approach called flipped classrooms. As part
of a STEM (science, technology, engineering,
mathematics) grant initiative, LSC-North Harris is utilizing technology to give
students the opportunity to the learn in an innovative way.
- LSC-North Harris fine arts presents “The Jungle Book” - May 01, 2013
The Lone Star College-North Harris Division of Fine Arts presents “The
Jungle Book,” a classic adventure story by Rudyard Kipling. Daily performances
are scheduled for June 26 through June 30.
- “Picture” yourself at Lone Star College-North Harris - April 11, 2013
Lone Star College-North Harris is currently
accepting students for summer and fall photography courses. If you are ready to
venture into the world of photography and learn how to take your photos to a
new level, grab your camera and register today.
- “Oleander Girl” author, Chitra Divakaruni, and acclaimed dancer combine talents for a unique cultural occasion at LSC-North Harris - April 05, 2013
Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni, an acclaimed Houston author, will read from
her newest book, “Oleander Girl,” at Lone Star College-North Harris on April 25
at 7 p.m. in room 101 of the Community Education Building. The community is invited
to attend this free event, presented by the North Harris County Branch of
American Association of University Women and students of the college.
- Fall Registration at Lone Star College-North Harris opens April 10 - April 04, 2013
Reserve your seat today! Fall registration at Lone Star College-North Harris, Lone Star College-Greenspoint Center and Lone Star College-Victory Center will be open for all students April 10. The fall semester begins August 26, so be sure to register early and beat the crowd.
- Lone Star College-North Harris offers Summer Link Program for first-time college students - March 27, 2013
Lone Star College-North Harris is offering a unique
15-day Summer Link Program for recent high school graduates, designed to
support them during their transition to college. The program is for students
who need extra academic work to place into college credit courses. The first
session of the Summer Link Program will run June 10 through July 3, and the
second session will begin July 15 and end on August 7.
- ALL at LSC-North Harris offers a variety of activities for older adults - March 26, 2013
Calling all active adults! Spring is just around the
corner, so be sure to take advantage of all it has to offer. Come and meet other
members of the community by joining the Lone Star College-North Harris Academy for Lifelong Learning (ALL). The ALL program offers more than 100
classes each year, ranging from technology to watercolor art.