LSC-University Park's Student Essay Challenge
LSC-University Park’s Finalist will receive a $1,000 scholarship and a Certificate of Recognition from the Foundation. The scholarship is to be utilized during the student’s next full-time semester, preferably Spring 2014 but no later than Fall 2014. Finalists will present their essay at the Chancellor’s Breakfast, on Wednesday, February 5, 2014, at the Lone Star Community Building at the System Office. They will also be asked to participate in other Foundation activities during the Spring semester.
- Students enrolled full-time in credit classes and have successfully earned their high school diploma or their GED certification.
- Strudents who consider LSC-University Park their home campus.
- Students who have not won a previous LSC Foundation Essay Challenge.
- Students working on their first degree or certification.
Designed for YOU
The simplest type of essay is an essay about yourself and how you are growing, thriving and designing your future through your education at Lone Star College.
This is your moment to express your thoughts about your personal experience at LSC-University Park. That's right, simply step back and write a two page essay entitled..."How my Lone Star College Experience has influenced my life."
- Two pages, double-spaced, and properly formatted.
- The essay will be evaluated according to expressive writing style, grammer, form and emotional impact should be taken into consideration.
- Submit yopur final essay to Greg.E.Oaks@lonestar.edu
The Deadline is Nov. 25 for the Student Essay Challenge.