The Writing Center
If you might be late, please contact us at 281-290-3279. If you are more than ten minutes late and have not called in, your appointment will be marked as "no-show" and given to another student.
Pop-out TutorialsAll the Fall 2014 Pop-out tutorials will be held in LRNC 215
Pre-1301Sentence and Comma Review –Tuesday, September 2nd 4 – 5pm
Word Formatting – Wednesday, September 3rd 3 – 4pm
Word Formatting – Thursday, September 4th 3 – 4pm
Pre-1301Sentence and Comma Review –Friday, September 5th 11:30am – 12:30pm
Pre-1301 Paragraph and Essay Review – Monday, September 8th 4 – 5pm
Pre-1301 Paragraph and Essay Review – Tuesday, September 9th 11:30am – 12:30pm
Reading Strategies – Monday, September 15th 3 – 4pm
Reading Strategies – Tuesday, September 16th 3 – 4pm
Pre-1301Sentence and Comma Review –Tuesday, September 23rd 4 – 5pm
Pre-1301Sentence and Comma Review –Friday, September 26th 11:30 am – 12:30pm
An Introduction to PowerPoint and Prezi – Monday, October 13th 11am – 12pm
An Introduction to PowerPoint and Prezi – Tuesday, October 14th 11am – 12pm
The Writing Center at LSC-CyFair offers email-based online writing tutoring to all LSC-CyFair students.
After reviewing the student’s paper, a CyFair tutor will reply with in-text comments, handouts, and guidance to help the student with their revisions.
The turnaround period for papers is:
To submit your paper for online tutoring, address an email to email@example.com and include the following information:
· A Microsoft Word compatible copy of your paper
· Your professor’s instructions
· Your name
· Your student ID
· The course name and number
· Your professor’s name
· The due date
· Same day tutoring is not available
· Due date tutoring is not available
· The CFWC e-mail is checked once a day (in the morning) Monday - Friday. All submissions are scheduled for the next available appointment if that appointment is before the paper’s due date.
LocationLocated in room LRNC 206, our Writing Center can help you to develop your academic writing skills.
Writing Center PoliciesStudents should bring any written assignment guidelines, notes and/or drafts to their sessions.
Students should schedule their appointment at least one day before the assignment due date.
Students should arrive at least five minutes early for their session in order to sign in and fill out forms.
What Our Tutors WILL Do:
- Help you understand your assignment
- Help you set goals for your writing
- Help you brainstorm ideas for your essay
- Help you identify your audience
- Help you outline and draft your paper
- Help you identify areas for possible improvement
- Help you understand an instructor's comments on graded papers
- Help you learn proofreading techniques
- Help you improve your general writing or reading skills
Write your paper
Proofread or correct your paper
Develop ideas for your paper
Estimate the grade for your paper
Do research for your paper
Take the responsibility for finding all the mistakes in your paper
- Tell you what or how to write