Research Guides - LSC-CyFair
Find Additional Research Help
- Apps & Tools for Student Success
- Dewey Decimal System
- Evaluating Information Checklist
- Go Behind the News - Books & More about Stories in the News
- Note Taking and Research: Why, How, and What? (PDF)
- Scholarly Journals vs. Popular Magazines
- Summarize, Paraphrase, and Quote: When and How? (PDF)
- What's Right, Wrong, and It Depends - Integrity & Ethics in the Classroom and Workplace Discussion
- Writing in Literature from Purdue University Online Writing Lab-OWL
Citing Sources - Quick Guides
- APA Style Guide – 6th ed. (PDF)
- MLA Style Guide – 7th ed. (PDF)
- MLA Citation (Parenthetical & Works Cited) Interactive Practice
- Advocate Academic Integrity with Your Syllabus and Assignments (PDF)
- Films on Demand - Faculty Guide (PDF)
Get Expert Research Help
Research ContestsSubmit Your Entry for the
Student Research Awards!
Win up to $500!
Research Tips - LSC-CyFair
Tip #21: Scan Sources for Follow-Up Research Leads!
As you find useful articles, books, and web sites in your searches, scour the content for names of people, organizations, laws, or events related to your topic. Perform additional searches for those research leads to find support information to enhance your topic understanding. Your resulting project should benefit from your investigative skills!