| Student Services
Regardless of whether your educational goal is an Associate of Applied Science, an Associate of Arts, an Associate of Science or a technical certification, there is a certain process towards obtaining your diploma or certificate. Lone Star College-Kingwood Student Services offers you the resources to complete these steps and reach your goal. From declaring a major to following up on transferred credits to applying for graduation, the appropriate tools and assistance are available.
Use these graduation steps to make sure you have everything taken care of and are ready to walk across the stage and receive your diploma.
Date and Location
M.O. Campbell Center
1865 Aldine Bender Road
Houston, TX 77032
Saturday, May 10, 2014
Graduates are expected to arrive at 8:30 a.m. to ensure participation in the ceremony.
Graduation Ceremony Etiquette
- Celebration should be respectful of other members of the graduating class.
- Every graduate would like for family and friends to hear his or her name called when receiving a certificate or degree.
- Graduates and guests should keep talking and movement during the ceremony to a minimum.
- NO CELL PHONES OR PURSES ALLOWED ON GRADUATION FLOOR.
- Remember to have fun as you take this very important step towards personal and professional enrichment.
Lone Star College System Regalia Policy:
Lone Star College System graduates are expected to wear regalia without altering the appearance. Academic regalia has a rich history of tradition and significance we wish to honor. Please, no flowers (corsages), pins, stoles, or alterations to mortarboards. Graduates who have earned stoles through academic achievement i.e., Dean's List, Honor's program, PTK or services to the colleges i.e., Ambassadors will wear the college approved stoles. All others are asked to respect the time-honored traditions of graduation by wearing regalia as issued. In addition, the appropriate way to wear the mortarboard is flat on top of the head and not off to the side or fixed to the back of the head by pins. Graduates are not allowed to deface their regalia. Any graduate that has decorated, bedazzled, or costumed their regalia will be removed from procession and not allowed to participate in the ceremony.
- Read the Graduation Letter 2014
- Download RSVP Graduation Letter 2014
- Cap & Gown - Graduates participating in the commencement ceremony must wear a cap and gown, which are available for purchase at the Lone Star College-Kingwood Bookstore until May 9, 2014. The cost is approximately $39.00 plus tax. Gowns will be available for purchase beginning April 7, 2014.
*If the cost of cap and gown will hinder your participation in the ceremony please contact Malea Pruitt immediately in the admissions offices in SCC.
- Invitations - Commencement invitations may be purchased from the Lone Star College-Kingwood Bookstore or other outside source. Invitations are sold in packages of 10.
- Regalia Graduates who are members of Phi Theta Kappa Honors Society, Debate Team or other school sponsored organizations that may have distinctive regalia are encouraged to proudly display this earned recognition.
- Dress - Participants and guests should dress comfortably and coolly. Men are encouraged to wear dark slacks, light colored shirts and dark shoes. Women are encouraged to wear cool, appropriate length dresses and low heel, dark shoes. Do not wear flip flops or backless shoes. Aside from earned regalia, any student that has decorated, bedazzled, "costumed" their cap and gown will be removed from the procession and will not be allowed to participate in commencement activities.
- Diplomas - All commencement participants will receive a commemorative diploma cover during the ceremony. Graduates will receive their diploma through mail to the address specified on the graduation application after successful completion of degree requirements is confirmed. Diplomas are printed at our system office and typically take 6-8 weeks for arrival.
*Please check your student records account to verify a degree has been awarded before requesting a transcript
- Logistics - Graduates must pick up required seating cards at 8:30 AM and in line by 9:00 AM. Procession begins promptly at 10:00 AM.
- PTK - For Cap and Gowns, call Lone Star College Bookstore-Kingwood at 281.312.1699
For PTK regalia, please contact the PTK office at 281.312.1471 or email Crystal Weber at Crystal.E.Weber@lonestar.edu
For further assistance, call our Graduation Specialist, Malea Pruitt at 281.312.1551 or via email at Malea.A.Pruitt@lonestar.edu
- RSVP - Please fill out the enclosed RSVP form by April 25, to the admissions counter in the SCC building, fax to 281.318.4360 or via email at Malea.A.Pruitt@lonestar.edu
- Orientation - All students must attend one orientation session
Wednesday, April 30, 2014 at 5:30-6:30PM; Thursday, May 1, 2013 at 12:00-1:00 PM and again 5:30-6:30 PM in the Student Conference Center.
- Shout Outs - As a graduate, you are invited to take photos and write a short message to those you would like to thank for helping you through your college experience. These messages will be displayed prior to the graduation ceremony. Please check your graduation packet for dates photos will occur.
Kingwood Alumni Association
The best incentive for graduating is the opportunity to join the Kingwood Alumni Association!
View Larger Map