| LSCS Locations
| LSC-Kingwood Campus
| LSC-Kingwood Locations
LSC-Kingwood Center for Civic Engagement
Building People through Civic Engagement
Where everyman is . . . participator in the government of affairs,
not merely at an election one day in the year but every day . . .
he will let the heart be torn out of his body
sooner than his power be wrested from him by a Caesar or a Bonapart.
The Center for Civic Engagement encourages students, faculty, and staff to become active citizens involved in their communities by providing opportunities and resources to engage in service oriented community activities.
- ParticipationóWe will identify and create opportunities for individuals, groups and organizations to become actively involved in a project or program of activity.
- AdvocacyóWe will empower others to act to protect an asset of interest to their community.
- Social JusticeóWe will work to ensure the fair distribution of advantages, assets, and benefits among all members of a society.
- SustainabilityóWe will promote social and environmental practices that protect and enhance the human and natural resources needed by future generations to enjoy a quality of life equal to or greater than our own.
- Dr. Jay Theis, Professor, Government, and Public Achievement Coordinator
- Dr. Brian Shmaefsky, Professor, Biology, and Service Learning Program Coordinator
- Dr. David Putz, Professor, Government, and Honor Student Organization Advisor
- Kathy Adkins, Director of Admissions
- Crystal Weber, Professor, Chemistry and Phi Theta Kappa Advisor
- John Turner, Manager, Student Life, and Student Government Association Advisor
For additional information, email CCE@LoneStar.edu