To become a club advisor, you must be a faculty or staff member at either the LSC-CyFair or the LSC-Fairbanks Center campus. Please note that each club is required to have at least one (1) full-time employee acting as an advisor.
Club advisors are responsible for, but not limited to:
- Providing support, feedback, and direction for the club.
- Maintaining records concerning officer contact information, all club activities and programs sponsored or participated in.
- Attend meetings/events as necessary or as desired.
- Ensure college policies and club requirements are fulfilled each semester.
- Ensure all paperwork, including financial, program proposals, travel, etc are submitted appropriately.
- Notifying the Student Activities department staff when any unacceptable behavior occurs, changes in officer-held positions/contacts, and so forth.
It is up to the respective club members and advisor to determine the exact details of the particular relationship between the two positions in order to ensure that productivity, successful leadership opportunities, and to ensure that all responsibilities and requirements are met each semester. Thus, it is highly recommended that all club advisors define a clear set of limitations and expectations for the club at the beginning of each semester to ensure that an accurate schedule of availability (for contacting) is also available to all club officials.
Contact Student Life
Student Life Center: