Student Services Help
Getting started in collge can often be confusing. You may not know which questions to ask or where to begin. Below are common questions students and their families may have about the Admissions, Advising, Registration, Financial Aid and other Student Services processes.
I don't know what I want to major in. What are my options?
- You can choose from more than 45 workforce and academic programs Lone Star College System offers.
- Contact the Career Services office at your campus to make an appointment for Career Counseling.
- Meet with an Academic Advisor to discuss your program and certificate options, as well as registration for the upcoming semester.
What is the difference between an advisor and a counselor?
- Counselors can help you with personal issues, academic difficulties, career services and disability services.
will help you with all issues related to admissions, degree and certificate advising, course selection and registration.
How do I sign up for placement testing?
- Contact a campus testing center and visit our testing resources page.
I am a Continuing Education (CE) student. How do I enroll?
- Students will need to contact Continuing Education for information about start dates, program options, and costs.
If I am a transfer student to Lone Star College System, how do I enroll?
- Transfer students to Lone Star College System will need to apply online for admission, request an official transcript from their current college and meet with an advisor at the LSCS campus they are planning on attending.
When is the last day to drop or add a class?
- The add/drop deadlines vary by class length, and all adds and drops must be completed by
the Official Day of Record. Please refer to the printed credit schedule's Refund Schedule for
What is the "W" date?
- The "W" date is the final date for withdrawing from a course without receiving a grade.
The dates are in the Academic Calendar under the Heading section in the annual Lone Star College System credit catalog.
I need to update my residency information. How do I do that?
- Update your residency information in the Lone Star College System online application
- Proceed through the application to Section 7 and sign the Residency Oath.
- Update this section if you have a new zip code or are a recent transfer student.
How do I apply for financial aid?
- Complete the FAFSA and Lone Star College System applications for federal student aid and return to your campus financial aid office.
- Check out the area community scholarships and aid opportunities at any of our campuses.
- myLoneStar Financial Information
When is payment due?
- Payment is typically due two weeks before the first class day. After that, payment is due upon registration through the last day of registration each semester.
Do I get a full refund if I drop my course on the first day of class?
- No, not on the first day. However, if you drop before the first day of class, you get a
When do I take my finals?
- View the final exam schedule for a complete list of dates and times.
How do I order a transcript?
- Order a transcript online.
How do I apply for graduation?Complete a graduation application and submit in person to the admissions office.
- Fall Graduation – October 1
- Spring Graduation – February 1
- Summer Graduation – April 1