LSCS News - All Campuses
- Lone Star College Discovery College registration underway - March 06, 2014
Registration for Lone Star College System’s popular Discovery College summer camp is now open. Discovery College runs from Monday, June 10 through Thursday, Aug. 8.
- LSC-Montgomery Presents a Shakespeare Classic with a Southern, Louisiana Twist - March 05, 2014
LSC-Montgomery’s drama department presents William Shakespeare’s The Tempest, April 10-12, at 7 p.m., and April 12, at 3 p.m., in the Mainstage Theatre, located in the college’s Performing Arts Center (Building D). There will also be a special preview on April 9, at 5:30 p.m. with discounted tickets and a food reception beginning at 4:30 p.m. Tickets for any of the performances can be purchased anytime online or at the box office on the day of the performance.
- Registration for Mini-Mester and Summer classes at Lone Star College-University Park begins March 5 - March 05, 2014
Students wanting to move their degree plans closer to graduation or transfer can take advantage of low-cost options available at Lone-Star College-University Park. Registration begins March 5 for Summer I, Summer II and the May Mini-Mester.
- Registration is underway for Summer and Mini-mester classes - March 05, 2014
Registration is underway for LSC-Tomball Summer I and Summer II as well as for our May Mini-Mester. Take advantage of these fast-track methods to getting ahead with your degree plan.
- Texas A&M Singing Cadets to appear at LSC-Tomball - March 05, 2014
Known as the “Voice of Aggieland,” the Texas A&M Singing Cadets will perform in the Lone Star College-Tomball Performing Arts Center on Sunday, March 23, at 3 p.m. The internationally acclaimed, 60-member, all-male chorus has been delighting audiences throughout Texas, the United States and overseas with its performances of religious, patriotic, Broadway, popular and novelty songs for 108 seasons.
- Need Money for College? Stop by FAFSA Saturdays - March 04, 2014
Free financial aid workshops are available several Saturdays throughout the spring semester at Lone Star College-CyFair.
- Lone Star College System releases Workforce Development Consortium Strategy report - March 04, 2014
Lone Star College System issued a General Findings Report based on a recent Workforce Development Consortium Strategy Forum that addressed how businesses and colleges can best prepare tomorrow’s workforce.
- Lone Star College-Kingwood Showcases "Career Gear" - March 04, 2014
The world may have gone casual but there are still certain expectations for the professional workplace. A golf shirt and khakis may be acceptable on the job, but first, you must get the job and most employers are still impressed by the best dressed candidate. LSC-Kingwood invites you to “Career Gear,” March 25 at 12:30 p.m., a fashion show highlighting what to wear to make a great impression at your next interview.
- LSC-CyFair Wellness Efforts Earns American Heart Association's Fit-Friendly Worksite Gold Level Award - March 04, 2014
Promoting a culture of wellness is not new to LSC-CyFair as the college has adopted the spirit of the initiative of making the health and wellness of their employees a priorityin a variety of ways for years.
- LSC-Kingwood to Host GCIC Artists - March 04, 2014
LSC-Kingwood’s PAC Main Stage will be the site of a visiting artist lecture sponsored by the Gulf Coast Intercollegiate Consortium (GCIC), on Thursday, March 20, from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. in the Performing Arts Center, 20000 Kingwood Drive. The GCIC is a partnership among the music and visual art departments of 16 community colleges in the greater Houston area.