LSCS News - All Campuses
- New Electrical Technology Degree and Certificate Courses Announced - April 24, 2014
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the increasing demand for electricians and electrical technologists will continue with faster than average job growth over the next few years. In response to this demand, LSC-Tomball is now offering an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree and a Level 2 certification as an electrical technologist.
- Lone Star College-Montgomery Announces Staff Excellence Award Recipients - April 24, 2014
staff members at LSC-Montgomery are a key component to ensuring
student success. Recently, four individuals—Maria “Lupe” Flores-Fitz, Mary Kay
Holbeck, Patty O’Neal, and Jack Richardson—were recognized for their
outstanding service with the college’s annual Staff Excellence Award.
- LSC-Kingwood Holds GED Graduation - April 24, 2014
Lone Star College-Kingwood’s General Education Development (GED) graduation ceremony and reception will be held May 15 at 6:30 p.m. in the college’s gymnasium (Fitness Training Center). GED graduates, who passed the exam April 2013– December 2013, will participate in a traditional cap and gown ceremony.
- Commencement Speaker is Mayor Annise Parker - April 23, 2014
Lone Star College-CyFair welcomes Mayor Annise Parker as the May 10 commencement speaker for approximately 450 graduates.
- Lone Star College System to hold career job fair April 29 - April 22, 2014
Lone Star College System will host a career job fair April 29 that is free of charge and open to the public.
- Mapping a Future in LSC-Montgomery’s Land Surveying Program - April 21, 2014
its inception in 2007, the land surveying and mapping technology program at LSC-Montgomery has helped students launch lucrative careers in an
evolving, high-tech field that traces its beginning back to ancient Egypt.
- Reading by Young Poet Celebrates National Poetry Month at Lone Star College-Montgomery - April 21, 2014
LSC-Montgomery’s Writers in Performance Series, in partnership with the Montgomery County Literary Arts Council, will celebrate National Poetry Month with a reading by one of the most celebrated young poets in the country. Carrie Fountain will read and discuss her award winning poetry on Thursday, April 24, at 7 p.m., in the Library Building (Building F). The event is free to the public.
- Lone Star College System honored for technology innovations - April 17, 2014
Lone Star College System was recently honored by the Center for Digital Education (CDE) for its innovative uses of technology to achieve first-rate student learning environments.
- Industrial diesel technology classes at LSC-North Harris start June 2 - April 17, 2014
If you are good
with your hands, and have a natural curiosity for how machines work, industrial
diesel technology could be a successful and rewarding career for you. Lone Star
College-North Harris recently launched a new industrial diesel technology
program, with summer classes now open for registration.
- LSC-Kingwood Music Faculty Member to Perform Schubert's Song Cycle Fair Maid of the Mill - April 17, 2014
Lone Star College-Kingwood music faculty member, Gottfried Schiller will perform a 70-minute epic work of Franz Shubert’s dramatic song cycle Die Schöne Müllerin (The Fair Maid of the Mill) as part of a fundraiser for the Kingwood Summer Opera, Friday, April 25 at 7:30 p.m. in the Music Recital Hall. “I love America and I love teaching at LSC-Kingwood,” said Schiller, who is studying to become an American citizen.