- Mapping a Future in LSC-Montgomery’s Land Surveying Program - April 21, 2014
its inception in 2007, the land surveying and mapping technology program at LSC-Montgomery has helped students launch lucrative careers in an
evolving, high-tech field that traces its beginning back to ancient Egypt.
- Reading by Young Poet Celebrates National Poetry Month at Lone Star College-Montgomery - April 21, 2014
LSC-Montgomery’s Writers in Performance Series, in partnership with the Montgomery County Literary Arts Council, will celebrate National Poetry Month with a reading by one of the most celebrated young poets in the country. Carrie Fountain will read and discuss her award winning poetry on Thursday, April 24, at 7 p.m., in the Library Building (Building F). The event is free to the public.
- Star Gazers, Aspiring Astronomers Invited to College’s ‘Star Party’ April 16 - April 10, 2014
Enjoy the wonders of the nighttime sky during
LSC-Montgomery’s annual “Star Party” on Wednesday, April 16, at 7
p.m., in the Health Science Center (Building B), Room 102.
- Singing for Scholarships: LSC-Montgomery's 5th Annual "Night at the Opera," Silent Auction is May 2 - April 10, 2014
The Chamber Singers from LSC-Montgomery will present "A Night at the Opera," the music
department's annual scholarship fundraiser, on Friday, May 2, at 7 p.m., in the
Mainstage Theatre, located in the college’s Performing Arts Center (Building
- LSC-Conroe Center Teams Up With Workforce Solutions to Provide Machining, Welding Education and Careers - April 08, 2014
LSC-Conroe Center has teamed up with Workforce Solutions to provide free workforce training to unemployed individuals seeking employment in the high-demand career fields of welding and machining.
- Lone Star College-Montgomery Receives "Tree Campus USA" Designation - April 07, 2014
LSC-Montgomery was honored with
2013 Tree Campus USA® recognition by the Arbor Day Foundation for its
commitment to effective urban forest management. Tree Campus USA is a national
program created in 2008 by the Arbor Day Foundation and sponsored by Toyota to
honor colleges and universities for effective campus forest management and for
engaging staff and students in conservation goals.
- Midnight Welding Classes Offered at Lone Star College-Conroe Center - March 31, 2014
Sometimes, bettering your career requires burning the midnight oil, or for welders, burning the midnight flame. Beginning in May, LSC-Conroe Center will offer late night welding classes from 10:15 p.m.-2:15 a.m., allowing students to gain additional welding skills or complete almost every class needed for the Welding Workforce Skills Award certificate after dark.
- Your Machining Career Starts April 21 at Lone Star College-Conroe Center - March 31, 2014
Precision, programming, and manufacturing are key components of machining, an evolving career field that’s offering new jobs statewide. For those looking to start their future in the machining industry, LSC-Conroe Center is beginning a new series of machining classes on April 21.
- Avoid the Stampede - Fall Registration Kick-Off Event April 9-10 - March 28, 2014
To avoid the stampede (and stress!) of last-minute registration, all LSC-Montgomery Mavericks are encouraged to register for both the upcoming summer and fall semesters during “Avoid the Stampede,” an on-campus, express registration event held Wednesday, April 9, and Thursday, April 10, and continuing throughout the month of April.
- Dance Department Offers New Opportunities, Community Performances - March 26, 2014
LSC-Montgomery’s dance department continues to grow leaps and bounds every semester. The program, headed by Dance Professor Tiffany Nirider, exposes students to training experiences with guest artists, facilitates participation in dance festivals around the area, and offers opportunities to showcase their work.