- August 21, 2014Fall is right around the corner, and registration is wrapping up for the 2014 fall semester at LSC-Montgomery and LSC-Conroe Center.
- August 21, 2014
LSC-Montgomery’s Mary Matteson-Parrish Art Gallery starts off its fall schedule with “Surface Time,” an exhibit by Mark Greenwalt, on display August 25 to September 26 in the gallery, which is located in the college’s Performing Arts Center (Building D).
- August 21, 2014LSC-Montgomery’s Discovery College is building children’s minds—literally, after a successful week of Woodworking Camp! Part of the productivity is due, however, to the generosity of the Magnolia/West Woodlands Home Depot, which donated most of the supplies.
- August 21, 2014
In the business world, money is the bottom line, and Laura Crockett, Brittany McVey, and John Woodward, recent graduates of Lone Star College-Montgomery, know this first hand.
- August 20, 2014Since the turn of the century, the Academy for Lifelong Learning (ALL) at Lone Star College-Montgomery has offered intriguing lectures, workshops, and seminars for the 50-plus retired or semi-retired community.
- July 10, 2014
Fall is right around the corner, and registration is in full swing for the 2014 fall semester at LSC-Montgomery and LSC-Conroe Center. The 2014 school year will feature new course offerings in live entertainment technology, which has added a video component, automotive technology, and other programs. Classes begin Monday, August 25.
- June 24, 2014The Mainstage Theatre at LSC-Montgomery has been turned into a pop-up storybook as the drama department prepares for its summer musical production of A Year With Frog and Toad. This fun-filled, family musical follows the beloved characters Frog and Toad from the popular children book series of Frog and Toad by Arnold Lobel.
- June 09, 2014Dr. Craig Livingston Honored by the Mormon History AssociationLSC-Montgomery history professor, Dr. Craig Livingston, was recently honored when his latest book was awarded the 2014 Best International Book by the Mormon History Association (MHA). Livingston was presented with this distinction – along with a cash prize – at the MHA annual conference in San Antonio last week.
- June 09, 2014Several graduates from Lone Star College-Montgomery’s dynamic music program are taking their education and experience “on the road” as transfer students. Approximately 20 music students from LSC-Montgomery are transferring this fall to four-year universities to complete a bachelor’s degree (or higher) in the music field.
- May 27, 2014LSC-Montgomery Accepting Applications through June 19 for New Computed Tomography Certification ProgramA new program at LSC-Montgomery offers an innovative, high-tech look into the human body—one “slice” at a time. The new computed tomography advanced technical certificate program, which builds on the associate of applied science degree in medical radiologic technology, prepares students to operate specialized equipment to produce cross-sectional images—or “slices”—that aide physicians in diagnosing patients.