- October 24, 2014Jason Roy, a medically retired Houston police officer, author of “From Zero to a Hundred: Finding My Purpose Through My Pain,” and founder of the Zero 2 A Hundred Foundation, knows what it’s like to look adversity in the eye and overcome it, and be able to live life to the fullest again.
- October 22, 2014LSC-Montgomery students have the chance to gain an invaluable peek into the real world of politics through an internship offered through the college.
- October 16, 2014The Mission, a student organization at Lone Star College-Montgomery, and Illuminate Nations surpassed their fundraising goal of $10,000, thanks to the Illuminate 5k run on Saturday, October 11.
- October 16, 2014
2014 marks 100 years since the start of the First World War. Lone Star College-Montgomery plans to spend the next four years commemorating each year spent fighting the “Great War”.
- October 14, 2014For the third year in a row, LSC-Montgomery’s chapter of Psi Beta, the national psychology honor society for community colleges, has earned the Chapter Excellence Award, a distinct honor given to only seven of the 120 active Psi Beta chapters nationwide.
- October 13, 2014In 2004, a law was established in connection with the signing of the United States Constitution on September 17, that Constitution Day should be observed in schools each year, providing educational programming on the history of the American Constitution on that day.
- October 07, 2014Culinary Historian Dr. Merrianne Timko will document the history of cuisine in cities such as Florence, Rome, and Venice during the Renaissance at her lecture on Tuesday, October 14, at noon, as part of LSC-Montgomery's Lyceum Speaker’s Series.
- October 07, 2014An original Lone Star College-Montgomery initiative is in the running for the “Heisman Trophy” of awards given to community colleges.
- October 03, 2014
Lone Star College-Montgomery is hosting an adjunct faculty hiring fair on Tuesday, October 21, from 4-6 p.m., in the Atrium of the Health Science Center (building B) on the Montgomery campus. This event is free of charge, open to the public and light refreshments will be served to candidates in attendance.
- October 01, 2014LSC-Montgomery’s drama department and Delta Psi Omega will present Stephen Karam’s Speech & Debate on October 9-11 at 7 p.m. and Saturday, October 11, at 3 p.m. Performances will be held in the college’s Black Box Theatre located in the Center of Arts, building D. Tickets for the event are $5, excluding ticket fee, and can be purchased online at www.LoneStar.edu/Theatre-Montgomery.