International Programs & Services
| International Students
| Accepted/Current F-1 Visa International Students
International Student Orientation
Orientation for Lone Star College System F-1 visa holders
International Student Orientation will be held before the start of the spring and fall semesters at each campus. International Student Orientation is mandatory for all international students and will address and cover the following topics:
- Cultural Adjustment
- Campus Services: Public Safety, Business Office/Tuition, Library Services, Counseling Services
- Campus Tour
- Testing & Learning Center
- Registrar Office
- Student Hand Book
- Academic Plagarism
- ESL programs/placement
- Health Insurance
- Data Sheet (International Student Information)
- F-1 Rules & Regulations including CPT/OPT/Economic Hardship
- Social Security and on campus employment guidelines
- IRS/Tax information
- US Banking/Post Office/Credit Card/Federal and State Law/Relationship
- Office of Emergency Management (OEM)
- STOPP Program (Service, Training, Officers, Prevention Program)
Advisors check that students have proper documents: SEVIS I-20, I-94, Passport and photocopies for student folder.
Check out Process:
Make sure students have completed orientation covering all topics listed above, are registered for 12 credits and that all questions or concerns are addressed.
For more information contact your International Student Advisor.
Spring 2014 Orientation Schedule
January 9th (Thursday)
- LSC-Fairbanks Room: 112. Orientation time: 8:30am-11:00am. The medical insurance portion will take place from 9:30am-10:30am.
- LSC-CyFair Room: Tech 103 (Technology Center). Orientation time: 10:30am to 2:00pm . The medical insurance portion will take place from 11:30am - 12:30pm.
- LSC-Tomball and LSC-University Park Location: Lone Star College-University Park. Building 13. 7th Floor. Room 731. Start Time: 10:30 am. The medical insurance portion will take place from 1:30pm-2:30pm. Please contact your Intenational Student Advisor/DSO for the complete orientation schedule.
January 10th (Friday)
- LSC-Kingwood Room: Library Room 220 (Library Building). Orientation time: 7:30am - 1:00pm. The medical insurance portion will take place from 8:30am-9:30am.
- LSC-Montgomery Room: G-102 (General Academic Center). Orientation time: 9:00am - 2:30pm. The medical insurance portion will take place from 10:30am-11:30am in Room G-106 (General Academic Center). The Maintaining F-1 Status presentation will take place from 11:30am-12:30 pm in in G-106 (General Academic Center).
- LSC-North Harris Room: SSB (Student Services Building) 205. Orientation time: 12 pm - 4pm. The medical insurance portion will take place from 2:15pm-3:00pm in ACAD 205 (Academic Building). The Maintaining F-1 Status presentation will take place from 3:00pm-4:00 pm in in ACAD 205 (Academic Building).