| The Honors College at Lone Star College
| LSCS-The Honors College - Tomball
Honors College Information
The Honors College offers an innovative curriculum for highly motivated, academically capable students. Honors students enjoy the freedom to work independently and collaboratively with faculty who encourage lively, engaging discourse and challenging activities inside and outside the classroom.
Honors credit is earned through special courses and through contracts with faculty members who are committed to an open-ended approach to learning. Students have many opportunities to contribute extensively and creatively through small group interaction, seminars, laboratories, oral reports, special research topics, informed discussion and both individual and group projects.
Involvement in The Honors College can result in several levels of recognition for students. These are:
- Students successfully completing an honors course or contract will receive appropriate designation on their transcripts.
- Students who complete 15 hours of honors credit with a 3.5 GPA will be recognized at commencement and will receive the designation of Honors Program Graduate on their transcript.
- Students completing 9 hours of honors credit with a 3.5 GPA and 25 hours of community service will receive the designation of Honors Scholar Graduate on their transcript.
- Students who complete 15 hours of honors credit with a 3.5 GPA and 25 hours of community service will be recognized at commencement and will receive the designation of Honors Scholar with Distinction on their transcript.
- The Chancellor's Fellows will complete a two-year course of study that includes at least 24 credit hours in Honors coursework and a 3 credit hour international capstone project. Successful completion will lead town Honors AS or Honors AA. Please see The Honors College main page for further information and requirements. http://lonestar.edu/HonorsCollege.htm