Future Students | Veterans Affairs |

VA/Military Education Benefits

All GI Bill and Department of Defense (DoD) entitlements are processed through the Lone Star College System Veterans Affairs Center located at LSC-University Park.

For questions pertaining to education entitlements, please visit your Campus VA Liaison/Advisor. All documentation for GI Bill, Hazlewood Exemption, and Tuition Assistance should be submitted to your Campus VA Liaison/Advisor.

All documentation must be presented before the certification process can begin.


Step 1: Apply to Lone Star College


If you are a new or transfer student, you will need to Apply for Admission to LSCS first.


Step 2: Apply with the VA


Visit http://www.gibill.va.gov/ to learn which benefit(s) you are eligible to receive, or contact your Veteran Advisor or the Lone Star College System Veterans Affairs Center at (281) 290-2922.

Step 3: Review the GI Bill  and Hazlewood Exemption Handbooks


Learn more about the policies and procedures for requesting and processing your GI Bill benefit and/or Hazlewood Exemption:

PDF Icon View the GI Bill Handbook

Step 4: Meet with the Campus Veteran Advisor


It's important for students using Military/Veteran Education Benefits to meet with a Campus Veteran Liaison/Advisor prior to enrolling. The Campus Liaison/Advisors will assist you with your degree plan and ensure your classes are eligible for Military/Veteran Education benefits.

View a list of Veteran Advisors

Step 5: Complete the Student Responsibility Form

Woman filling out paperwork

A completed Student Responsibility Form must be on file for all students using GI Bill, Tuition Assistance and/or Hazlewood Exemption benefits. In addition, this form is used to change your degree plan for your Military/Veteran Benefits. After this form is completed, please ensure that you take it to your Campus VA Liaison/Advisor along with the other required documents.  The certification process cannot be submitted to the Regional Veteran Affairs Office for payment until all of your documentation is complete and submitted to your Campus VA Liaison/Advisor.

PDF IconGI Bill Student Responsibility Form

PDF IconTuition Assistance Student Responsibility Form

PDF IconHazlewood Exemption Student Responsibility Form

Step 6: Request Certification!


GI Bill students must send an email with full name and student ID to GIBill@lonestar.edu each semester and request certification. Please be sure to check your MyLoneStar email account daily. This is the email account that will be used for all correspondence.  Our office will email you if we run into any problems during the certification process.

Step 7: Complete the Clock Hour Request Form (optional)


This form is used only for those degree plans that require practical training or clinical training internships that are located away from campus. You may complete this form, including the Department Head required signatures, and return it to your Campus VA Liaison/ Advisor

PDF IconClock Hour Request Form

Step 8: Orientation and Open House

Red door opening

Sign up to attend the next campus Veteran Student Orientation designed specifically for veterans and dependents like you!

Call the Lone Star College System Veterans Affairs Center for more information. (281) 290-2922.

Lone Star College System Veterans Affairs Center

LSC-University Park
NRB 200
20515 State Highway 249, Houston, TX 77070-2607
Phone: 281-290-2922
Fax: 281-290-2911
Email the VAC
preload menu background image