LSC-University Park Tutoring
Tutoring is provided on a walk-in basis. During busy times, writing tutors may limit sessions to 20-30 minutes, and math tutors may assist as needed while circulating among the students. Remember that the tutor's responsibility is to guide students towards a clearer understanding of course material. Students are responsible for the content of their assignments.
Tutoring Subject AreasCheck the schedule to confirm when or if a subject is available.
- Writing, Reading, and ESOL
- Sciences (Chemistry, Biology, and A&P)
- Grammar Crammer
- Talk Time
- Resources for Success
- Test prep (including TSI placement testing)
- Resources for online students
- Handling stress
- Know your learning style
- Maximizing memory
- Meeting expectations
- Note-taking skills
- Study habits
- Test-taking tips
- Time management
- Using your textbook
- Refer students for additional support
- Class tours & visits: get your students acquainted with the SLRC
- Extra credit opportunities
Get the most out of Tutoring
Bring a copy of your assignment, along with any other necessary course materials and textbooks.
Ask specific questions.
Allow enough time to complete your assignment before the deadline.