Welcome to the Web page for the LSC-Tomball President, Dr. Susan Karr. The Office of the President provides coordinated leadership to the college community to create an environment which best fosters the proactive pursuit of education and the enrichment of the community as a whole.
Meet the President
Appointed as the fourth president of LSC-Tomball in August 2009, Dr. Susan Karr is known for her warmth, passion for students, and dedication to the mission of the community college.
Coming from a low income family in the foothills of Appalachia, Karr was the first in her family to attend college. Karr's parents were only able to complete the fifth grade before they were called to the fields to work, and they never imagined that any of their children would have the opportunity to attend college, much less become a college president!
Karr got her start at a community college and is a perfect example of the transformation that a college education can make in the life of a student. Karr received a Ph.D in Community College Leadership from the University of Texas at Austin and credits Dr. John Roueche, Dr. Suanne Roueche, and Dr. George Baker as the ultimate mentors who forever changed her life for the better.
Meet the President's Council
- John Fishero, Vice President of Administrative Services
- Ann Johnson, Vice President of Student Success
- Dr. Lee Ann Nutt, Vice President of Instruction
- Kathy Sanchez, Dean, Developmental Studies, English, Languages, Mathematics
- Dr. Cindy Casparis, Dean, Health, Kinesiology, Natural Sciences and Technology
- Jill Riethmayer, Dean, Arts, Business, Behavioral Sciences, and Social Sciences
- Dr. Lisa Morales, Dean, Academic Initiatives and Partnerships
- Michael Mayfield, Interim Director, College Relations
- Cornelius Johnson, Dean, Student Development (Interim)
- Michael Dannenbaum, Director, Facilities
- Ben Leung, Executive Director, Campus Technology Services
- David Birch, President, Faculty Senate
- Sharon Jones, Director, Continuing Education
- Mark Pemberton, Captain, Campus Police
- Pamela Shafer, Director, Library
- Kristi Bonnin, Human Resources Manager
- Carol Wheeler, Director, Business & Auxiliary Services
- Michael Weems, Administrative Assistant II, Office of the President