LSCS News - All Campuses
- Lone Star College-North Harris presents “Waiting” and “Talk to Me Like the Rain and Let Me Listen” - April 15, 2014
The Lone Star College-North Harris Division of Fine Arts presents a
showcase of one-act plays featuring: “Waiting,” by Ethan Coen and “Talk to Me
Like the Rain and Let Me Listen,” by Tennessee Williams. Performances are
scheduled for April 23 through April 25.
- LSC-Kingwood Observes "Earth Week" - April 15, 2014
LSC-Kingwood will observe Earth Week the week of April 21-25, 2014 with the screening of two films. The film, “Chasing Ice” will be screened on Monday, April 21 at 12:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. in the Teaching Theatre, CLA Room 114. The film is the story of one man’s mission to change the tide of history by gathering undeniable evidence of our changing planet.
- Fall registration is underway at Lone Star College-North Harris - April 15, 2014
Fall registration at Lone Star College-North Harris, Lone Star
College-Greenspoint Center and Lone Star College-Victory Center is now underway.
The 2014 school year will feature academic and university-transfer courses, as
well as workforce training, such as the new industrial diesel technology program.
The fall semester begins August 25, so be sure to register early and beat the
- Lone Star College System announces spring holiday break schedule - April 15, 2014
Lone Star College System facilities will be closed for spring holiday break beginning April 18 through April 20. Regular office operations resume Monday, April 21.
- Lone Star College-North Harris offers part-time cosmetology operator program - April 15, 2014
Make your cosmetology career goals a reality at Lone Star College-North Harris. Cosmetology
operators are currently in high demand in the Houston area, and LSC-North
Harris partners with world-renowned hair care company CHI to offer a part-time
cosmetology operator program for professional certification.
- LSC-Tomball Closed for Spring Holiday - April 14, 2014
LSC-Tomball will be closed for the Spring Holiday this Friday through Sunday, April 18-19. All offices will be closed and classes will not be held. The LSC-Tomball Community Library will be closed both Friday and Saturday for the holiday. The library is always closed Sundays. Normal business operations and classes will resume Monday, April 21.
- LSC-Kingwood Art Gallery Presents PRESS ON 2014 Sang-Mi Yoo "Emergence" - April 11, 2014
Lone Star College-Kingwood’s Art Gallery will present, “Emergence” original prints by artist Sang-Mi Yoo May 14 through June 12, 2014. An artist talk/reception will be held Wednesday, May 14 at 12 p.m. According to Yoo’s biography, the artist photographs homes that are at the edge, where urbanization and tradition meet.
- LSC-Kingwood Schedules Spring Dance Concert - April 11, 2014
Lone Star College Kingwood’s Dance Department will hold their Spring Faculty Dance Concert Wednesday, April 30, 2014, at 7:30 p.m. in the Performing Arts Center’s Mainstage. The campus is located at 20000 Kingwood Drive. The LSC-Kingwood Dance Department’s motto: “Where Dancers Become Artists” is dedicated to giving students the opportunity to develop professional skills in and through the art of dance.
- LSC-Tomball Theatre to Hold Open Audtitions for “Shrek: The Musical” - April 11, 2014
The Lone Star College-Tomball Theatre Department will hold open auditions for its summer musical production of “Shrek” on Wednesday, April 30 at 5:30 p.m. and Saturday, May 3 at 10 a.m. in the Black Box Theater (E 171).
- Registration for fall underway at Lone Star College-University Park - April 11, 2014
Lone Star College-University Park has announced exciting, new course offerings for the 2014 fall semester that starts Aug. 25. Registration for fall is now underway and students are urged to register early since classes fill quickly.