LSCS News - All Campuses
- Commencement Speaker is Mayor Annise Parker - April 23, 2014
Lone Star College-CyFair welcomes Mayor Annise Parker as the May 10 commencement speaker for approximately 450 graduates.
- Lone Star College System to hold career job fair April 29 - April 22, 2014
Lone Star College System will host a career job fair April 29 that is free of charge and open to the public.
- Mapping a Future in LSC-Montgomery’s Land Surveying Program - April 21, 2014
its inception in 2007, the land surveying and mapping technology program at LSC-Montgomery has helped students launch lucrative careers in an
evolving, high-tech field that traces its beginning back to ancient Egypt.
- Reading by Young Poet Celebrates National Poetry Month at Lone Star College-Montgomery - April 21, 2014
LSC-Montgomery’s Writers in Performance Series, in partnership with the Montgomery County Literary Arts Council, will celebrate National Poetry Month with a reading by one of the most celebrated young poets in the country. Carrie Fountain will read and discuss her award winning poetry on Thursday, April 24, at 7 p.m., in the Library Building (Building F). The event is free to the public.
- LSC-Kingwood Music Faculty Member to Perform Schubert's Song Cycle Fair Maid of the Mill - April 17, 2014
Lone Star College-Kingwood music faculty member, Gottfried Schiller will perform a 70-minute epic work of Franz Shubert’s dramatic song cycle Die Schöne Müllerin (The Fair Maid of the Mill) as part of a fundraiser for the Kingwood Summer Opera, Friday, April 25 at 7:30 p.m. in the Music Recital Hall. “I love America and I love teaching at LSC-Kingwood,” said Schiller, who is studying to become an American citizen.
- Lone Star College System honored for technology innovations - April 17, 2014
Lone Star College System was recently honored by the Center for Digital Education (CDE) for its innovative uses of technology to achieve first-rate student learning environments.
- Industrial diesel technology classes at LSC-North Harris start June 2 - April 17, 2014
If you are good
with your hands, and have a natural curiosity for how machines work, industrial
diesel technology could be a successful and rewarding career for you. Lone Star
College-North Harris recently launched a new industrial diesel technology
program, with summer classes now open for registration.
- Lone Star College-North Harris offers part-time cosmetology operator program - April 15, 2014
Make your cosmetology career goals a reality at Lone Star College-North Harris. Cosmetology
operators are currently in high demand in the Houston area, and LSC-North
Harris partners with world-renowned hair care company CHI to offer a part-time
cosmetology operator program for professional certification.
- Fall registration is underway at Lone Star College-North Harris - April 15, 2014
Fall registration at Lone Star College-North Harris, Lone Star
College-Greenspoint Center and Lone Star College-Victory Center is now underway.
The 2014 school year will feature academic and university-transfer courses, as
well as workforce training, such as the new industrial diesel technology program.
The fall semester begins August 25, so be sure to register early and beat the
- Lone Star College-North Harris presents “Waiting” and “Talk to Me Like the Rain and Let Me Listen” - April 15, 2014
The Lone Star College-North Harris Division of Fine Arts presents a
showcase of one-act plays featuring: “Waiting,” by Ethan Coen and “Talk to Me
Like the Rain and Let Me Listen,” by Tennessee Williams. Performances are
scheduled for April 23 through April 25.