LSCS News - All Campuses
- September 17, 2014Hispanic Heritage Month at Lone Star College-North Harris features Sept. 24 presentation by Dr. Jose-Antonio Orosco
Dr. Jose-Antonio Orosco, director of the peace studies program at Oregon State University, will make a special presentation at Lone Star College-North Harris on Wednesday, Sept. 24 at noon in the Academic Building (ACAD-126), located at 2700 W.W. Thorne Drive in Houston. This event is free and open to the public, but seating is limited.
- September 15, 2014In connection with October being National Substance Abuse Prevention month, Lone Star College-Montgomery’s Human Services Student Organization will offer a series of lectures designed to raise awareness of issues related to drugs and alcohol. All lectures will be held on the LSC-Montgomery campus in building G, room 102.
- September 11, 2014Graduates of LSC-Montgomery’s physical therapist assistant (PTA) program continue to pass national licensing boards with flying colors.
- September 11, 2014LSC-Montgomery, in partnership with the Texas Familias Council, will honor Hispanic Heritage month with a community leadership event on Tuesday, September 30, on the LSC-Montgomery campus, in the Performing Arts Center (Bldg. D).
- September 11, 2014New and current students still have a chance to take classes this fall at LSC-Montgomery as Late Start courses, an alternative to the regular 16-week semester, begin in September and October.
- September 11, 2014Lone Star College announced today that its student enrollment hit an all-time high, with 82,818 credit students attending this fall, a 7 percent increase over fall 2013.
- September 10, 2014Fall Business Success Seminars Series Provides Five Weeks of Talks to Help Build Successful Businesses
Don’t miss this information-packed seminar series Oct. 1- Oct. 29 designed to help business owners and their employees maximize the success of their business.
- September 10, 2014
Art Department showcases the creative talent of art faculty in photography, painting, drawing and ceramics with exhibition Oct. 7- Oct. 30.
- September 10, 2014
October L.I.F.E. topics feature World War I, a Negro Hospital, Latino first responders, a Gandhi Collection at the Menil and Indian food.
- September 10, 2014The Lone Star College System Board of Trustees voted unanimously Sept. 4 to reduce the property tax rate to 10.81 cents per $100 property evaluation for the 2014-15 tax year, which represents a significant 7 percent decrease.