- Future Lawyer Says Campus Involvement is a Beneficial Key to Academic and Career Success - June 24, 2014
“Getting involved - and really taking advantage of the programs such as Phi Theta Kappa, Student Ambassadors, honors - opened doors for me to so many other possibilities," said Amber Morrison, LSC-CyFair 2010 graduate and future lawyer.
- Add a Little L.I.F.E. to Your Week with Free Programs - June 24, 2014
Enjoy learning more about presidential elections, health benefits of laughter yoga, adventures in Costa Rica and essential oils this August at Lone Star College-CyFair.
- Students Gain Insight at Lunch with Business Leaders - June 10, 2014
Several Lone Star College-CyFair students recently had the opportunity to gain a little business perspective as Cy-Fair Houston Chamber of Commerce luncheon attendees.
- Native American Acrylic Painting Exhibition Set - June 10, 2014
Brett Hall’s acrylic painting exhibition “A New Look” on display July 14 – Aug. 14 raises awareness of Native American issues.
- Don’t Miss the Summer Children’s Show July 7-12 - June 04, 2014
With comic twists, turns and a little audience participation, learning lessons about life is fun for the whole family with this production of "Aesop’s (Oh So Slightly) Updated Fables.”
- Students Using ASC are Succeeding at Higher Rates - June 04, 2014
Statistics show those students taking advantage of the Academic Success Center resources were much more successful in class and in particular, the areas of biology, chemistry, English, math and physics.
- Cool Off with Some Free Summer L.I.F.E. Programs - May 27, 2014
Take a break from the summer heat and enjoy a little history, books, cupcakes, dance, muscles, the oldest Texan, bandana craft and the Chelsea Flower Show this summer.
- Graduating Together with Associate Degrees was Memorable for 83-year-old Father and 20-year-old Son - May 27, 2014
Both father and son are interested in going to Sam Houston State University to become teachers. Ken Levin said if his health permits him, he’d like to teach college history and political science. Herschel’s goal is initially teaching students with special needs, but ultimately law school to help immigrants in need of legal assistance.
- LSC-CyFair Student Shares Story of Confidence and Big Dreams Thanks to Taking Several Honors Classes - May 20, 2014
With plans to pursue dual degrees in cultural anthropology and international business at Cornell University when she graduates as an Honors Scholar with Distinction this fall, Brittany White said Honors College, which include classes that are not more work, just more in-depth, has opened doors for her academically and challenged her personally, too.
- Stop in this Summer to See Painted Story of St. Drogo - May 20, 2014
Illustrating the story of St. Drogo, Nicholas Papas imagines and depicts key moments in this incredible story and presents them as a series of painted episodes in this summer exhibition June 9 – July 3.