- LSC-Montgomery Presents a Shakespeare Classic with a Southern, Louisiana Twist - March 05, 2014
LSC-Montgomery’s drama department presents William Shakespeare’s The Tempest, April 10-12, at 7 p.m., and April 12, at 3 p.m., in the Mainstage Theatre, located in the college’s Performing Arts Center (Building D). There will also be a special preview on April 9, at 5:30 p.m. with discounted tickets and a food reception beginning at 4:30 p.m. Tickets for any of the performances can be purchased anytime online or at the box office on the day of the performance.
- Explore Lone Star College-Montgomery During Maverick Mania on April 1 - February 27, 2014
Discover all that LSC-Montgomery offers at Maverick Mania, an open house event on Tuesday, April 1, from 4:30-7 p.m., in the atrium of the Health Science Center (Building B). Those who pre-register for the event online and then attend will be eligible for a prize drawing of free tuition for the fall 2014 semester.
- Developmental English Program Receives Prestigious Advanced Certification from NADE - February 05, 2014
The LSC-Montgomery Developmental
English program was recently approved by the National Association for
Developmental Education (NADE) for Advanced Certification for the
next seven years. The college is one of just 17 community colleges
nationwide—and one of just five in the state of Texas (LSC-CyFair, Vernon
College, Northwest Vista College and San Jacinto College North)—to achieve
advanced certification from NADE.
- Lone Star College-Montgomery Drama Department Showcases Student Talent in Student-Produced Workshop - February 05, 2014
The LSC-Montgomery drama department and Delta Psi Omega, National Theatre Honor Society, are kick-starting the spring semester with the Actors Workshop, playing February 20-22 at 7 p.m. in the Black Box Theatre (D204) in Building D. The Actors Workshop will feature a variety of scenes and monologues that are student produced, and two short plays from All in the Timing, which is a collection of plays by American playwright David Ives. The two plays will be Sure Thing and The Philadelphia.
- UH Professor, Director to "Shed New Light on Ancient American History" February 11 - January 30, 2014
Ancient American expert Dr. Rex Koontz will explore "What the Ancient Maya and Mexican Writing Tell Us About History" during his lecture on February 11 at noon as part of LSC-Montgomery's Lyceum Speakers Series.
- LSC-Montgomery’s Music Department Welcomes International Conductor to Perform Master Class with Choirs - January 30, 2014
On February 5, the LSC-Montgomery music department will welcome internationally acclaimed
Venezuelan conductor, Maria Guinand to perform a master class with the Concert
Choir and Chamber Singers.
- Psychology Expert to Discuss “The Pursuit of Happiness” at Lone Star College-Montgomery on February 12 - January 30, 2014
Social psychologist Dr. David Myers will discuss “The Pursuit of Happiness: Who is Happy and Why” at LSC-Montgomery on Wednesday, February 12, at 12 p.m., in the Recital Hall, located in the college's Music Hall (Building H). The event is sponsored by the college’s Psychology Club and Psi Beta, the college’s psychology honor society. The event is free and refreshments will be provided at a post-presentation reception from 1-1:30 p.m.
- Academy for Lifelong Learning to Sponsor Focus Group at Lone Star College-Conroe Center - January 21, 2014
Residents of north Montgomery County, including the Conroe, Willis, and Montgomery areas, are invited to a focus group centered on the topic, "What Do People Over the Age of 50 Really Want From Their Community?" The focus group, which is free to the public, will be held on Thursday, January 30, from 1-3 p.m. at the LSC-Conroe Center.
- College Welcomes Former Choir Director, Gregory Ristow, Back Home For Special Reunion Concert - January 16, 2014
On Thursday, January 16, at 7:30 p.m., the DePauw Chamber Singers, the top national and international touring choir of Indiana’s DePauw University School of Music, will perform a free concert of Spanish and American music at Lone Star College-Montgomery’s Music Hall. The performance is part of the choir’s tour of Texas and Mexico.
- Lone Star College-Montgomery, Conroe Center Offer Free Income Tax Preparation Assistance - January 16, 2014
In an effort to assist lower-income families with filing their taxes, LSC-Montgomery and LSC-Conroe Center are providing free income tax preparation for community residents.