| Student Orientation
New Student Orientation at LSC-University Park
Welcome to Lone Star College-University Park!
We are glad you have chosen LSC-UP to continue your education. To help you with your transition to our college, we offer New Student Orientation programs prior to the start of each semester. Orientation sessions will be held at LSC-University Park campus at 20515 SH 249 at Louetta Road.
New Student Orientation is required for all first-time in college students (FTIC).
These free sessions will include:
- Information about academic programs
- Types of degrees offered
- Campus resources - Advising, Assessment center, Library, Veterans Services, Tutoring, Counseling and ADA, Financial Aid
- Tips and strategies for becoming successful students
- Advising sessions and class registration for upcoming semester
- Campus tour
Students must register for Orientation in advance.
Are you ready to sign up for Orientation?Take the following quiz to check!
- Have you completed the Lone Star College application for admission?
- Do you know your Lone Star College ID number? (You can find this on the last page of your admissions application, or by logging into MyLonestar and finding the 7 digit number next to your name near the top of the screen. You will need this number to register for Orientation.)
- Have you completed all necessary placement testing or submitted transcripts showing other acceptable test scores? All placement testing MUST be completed prior to attending orientation. Contact the advising office at 281-401-5370 if you have any questions about admissions or placement tests, or click here to access the advising web page.
- Are you planning to begin classes at LSC-University Park in the May Mini-Mester 2013 or Summer/Fall sessions 2013?
If you answered YES! to all of these questions, then click here to register for New Student Orientation.
- Report to Bldg. 13, 2nd floor, Suite 200 - Student Services.
- Check-in time is 15 minutes prior to start of the program.
- Due to space limitations we ask that students limit their accompanying guests to one additional person.
For more information please contact:
Phone: 281-401-5370. For College or Placement testing, please see our Admissions page.
Spring 2013 Mini-mester and Summer/Fall 2013 Orientation Dates:
- Thursday, March 7 - 2 pm to 4 pm
- Tuesday, March 26 - 10 am to 12 pm
- Wednesday, April 10 - 10 am to 12 pm
- Thursday, April 25 - 2 pm to 4 pm
- Thursday, May 9 - 2 pm to 4 pm
- Tuesday, May 14 - 10 am to 12 pm
- Thursday, May 23 - 2 pm to 4 pm
- Tuesday, May 28 -10 am to 12 pm
- Thursday, May 30 - 2 pm - 4 pm
- Saturday, June 1 - 9:30 am to 11:30 am
- Tuesday, June 4 – 10am to 12pm
- Thursday, June 13 – 2pm to 4pm
- Tuesday, June 18 – 10am to 12pm
- Thursday, June 27 – 2pm to 4pm
- Tuesday, July 2 – 10am to 12pm
- Tuesday, July 16 – 10am to 12pm
- Thursday, July 25 – 2pm to 4pm
- Tuesday, July 30 - 10am to 12pm
- Thursday, August 1 – 2pm to 4pm
- Monday, August 5 – 10am to 12pm
- Wednesday, August 7 – 5pm to 7pm
- Thursday, August 8 – 2pm to 4pm
- Tuesday, August 13 – 10am to 12pm
- Thursday, August 15 – 2 pm to 4pm
- Saturday, August 17 – 9:30am to 11:30am
- Monday, August 19 – 2pm to 4pm
- Tuesday, August 20 – 10am to 12pm
- Wednesday, August 21 – 5pm to 7pm
- Thursday, August 22 – 2pm to 4pm
- Friday, August 23 – 10am to 12pm
- Saturday, August 24 – 9:30am to 11:30am