- Children ages 9-12 can attend college this summer at Lone Star College-University Park - June 14, 2013
“LSC-University Park is pleased to be able to offer fun and exciting camps this summer for our younger students,” said Shah Ardalan, president of LSC-University Park. “This is a great way to expose children to LSC-University Park and get them interested in our innovative college atmosphere at an early age.”
- Lone Star College beat out more than 200 global institutions for Innovation Award boosting U.S. Department of Education’s ‘MyData’ application - June 06, 2013
Campus Technology magazine announced June 1 that Lone Star College System received their 2013 Campus Technology Innovators award for the Student Systems and Services category.
Lone Star College-University Park competed with 235 submitted entries from higher education institutions around the globe.
- Faculty excellence honored at Lone Star College-University Park - May 29, 2013
Three area faculty members were named Lone Star College-University Park’s first faculty Excellence Award Winners and were recognized at the National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development (NISOD) conference in Austin, TX, May 26 to 29.
- Lone Star College-University Park officially graduates first class. - May 15, 2013
Lone Star College-University Park’s Class of 2013, the college’s first graduating class, were recognized for their academic achievements on May 11 at the spring 2013 Commencement. The ceremony for both LSC-University Park and Lone Star College-Tomball students was held at 10 a.m. at Fellowship of The Woodlands.
- Houston-based Corrpro creates endowment at Lone Star College-University Park - April 22, 2013
Houston-based Corrpro, a global provider of corrosion control and integrity engineering services, recently created an endowment at Lone Star College-University Park as part of its expanding partnership.
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society chartered at LSC-University Park - April 19, 2013
The LSC-University Park Beta Upsilon Nu Chapter of Phi Theta Kappa held its Spring Chartering and Induction Ceremony April 16, inducting 40 students.
- Fall registration at LSC-University Park begins April 10 - April 08, 2013
The fall semester is right around the corner. Fall registration at Lone Star College-University Park will be open for all students beginning April 10. Although the fall semester doesn’t begin until August 26, classes fill up quickly.
- Need money for college? Lone Star College-University Park can help! - February 28, 2013
Do you need money for college but don’t know how financial aid works? Lone Star College-University Park can assist students with several free financial aid workshops available through April 1.
LSC-University Park’s office of financial aid will provide students with on-site assistance in completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Lone Star College System and Virtual Intelligence Providers partnership to benefit local global corporations - February 28, 2013
Lone Star College System (LSCS) and Virtual Intelligence Providers, LLC (VIP) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to establish an innovative educational and commercial partnership to align corporate training needs with higher education programs.
- Lone Star College-University Park to sponsor criminal justice symposium and community day - February 28, 2013
LSC-University Park will hst its first Criminal Justice Symposium and Community Day in celebration of Criminal Justice Month. The event, will be Wednesday, March 27 from 10a.m. until 2p.m.
Lone Star College-University Park is home to LSCS’s Law Enforcement Academy. In addition, University of Houston Downtown-Northwest Campus, a partner universities at the college’s University Center offers degrees in criminal justice.
- Lone Star College-University Park offers May mini-courses - February 27, 2013
Registration for three-week courses known as mini-mesters and the 2013 summer term at Lone Star College-University Park will begin Wed., March 6.
- Poet who beats odds will present free program at LSC-University Park - February 19, 2013
Nationally recognized author, entertainer and poet Odd?Rod (aka Roderick Borisade) will host an Open Mic Night at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 20 at Lone Star College-University Park, in Building 13, Room 210. The free event is open to the public. Doors open at 6:00 p.m.
- LSC-University Park mathematics professor receives excellence award - February 12, 2013
Devika Lalsinghani, professor of mathematics at Lone Star College-University Park, has been named a recipient of the inaugural 2012 John & Suanne Roueche Excellence Award by the League for Innovation in Community College.
- LSCS and VIP: An Innovative Partnership to Add Value - February 09, 2013
“By partnering with VIP, we can provide comprehensive, customized, and cost-effective services and programs to offer additional value to over 90 VIP global customers and hundreds of existing LSCS customers,” said Shah Ardalan, president, LSC-University Park.
- Lone Star College System to dedicate sixth college - December 06, 2012
On Thursday, Dec. 6 more than 300 people joined Lone Star College System Chancellor Dr. Richard Carpenter and Lone Star College-University Park president Shah Ardalan in celebrating the dedication of the Lone Star College-University Park campus.
- Lone Star College-University Park to salute veterans - November 09, 2012
Lone Star College-University Park will host a Veterans Awareness Day Monday, Nov. 12 from 8 to 11 a.m. on the LSC-University Park campus, Bldg. 11, first floor. The event is to honor veterans and their families and educate the community on how to honor and treat those men and women who have served our country.
- Earn a college degree on weekends at LSC-University Park - November 08, 2012
Students at Lone Star College-University Park can now earn one of three degrees simply by attending weekend classes. Beginning in the spring 2013 semester, LSC-University Park students will be able to earn an Associate of Arts degree in Business, Teaching or a general associate degree through the campus’ weekend college.
- Lone Star College-University Park announces winter/spring registration dates - October 23, 2012
Registration for three and four-week courses known as mini-mesters and the 2013 spring term at Lone Star College-University Park will begin Wednesday, Nov. 7.
- Lone Star College-University Park official selected to attend White House education event - October 23, 2012
Lone Star College-University Park’s Chief Strategist for Innovation and Entrepreneurship Michael Mathews was one of several national thought-leaders invited to attend the White House Education Datapalooza in Washington on Oct. 9.
- It’s not too late to earn fall college credit! - October 09, 2012
Lone Star College-University Park is currently enrolling students for fall 2012 Second Start classes. These eight-week accelerated classes are perfect for students who missed the start of the standard semester or need flexibility in their scheduling due to work or family. Students can register up to the first day of each class, which begin Monday, Oct. 22.
- Lone Star College-University Park to host blood drive - October 05, 2012
Lone Star College-University Park, in conjunction with the Methodist Hospital System, will host a blood drive at the college Tuesday, Oct. 23 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Bldg. 12, 2nd Floor.
- Lone Star College-University Center at University Park to hold open house - October 05, 2012
Lone Star College-University Center at University Park will host an open house for students interested in transferring to one of the center’s four-year university partners: Sam Houston State University–Northwest Houston Campus, Texas Southern University-Northwest Campus, University of Houston-Northwest Campus, and University of Houston Downtown-Northwest.
- Lone Star College System Employees Advance in Local Speaking Competition - October 01, 2012
Lone Star College System employees Michael Mathews and Burton French took first place honors at the NW Houston Area L42 Toastmasters International speech contest held at Lone Star College-University Park on Saturday, Sept. 22.
- Lone Star College System to partner with Chinese Education Center in US - June 20, 2012
HOUSTON (June 20, 2012) – Lone Star College System and the Shanghai Oriental Chinese Education Development Center (SOCEDC) executed a memorandum of understanding June 11 to form the Texas Center for Sino-U.S. Education and Cultural Exchange.
- State Sen. Dan Patrick visits Lone Star College-University Park - May 31, 2012
HOUSTON (May 31, 2012) – State Sen. Dan Patrick visited Lone Star College-University Park May 23 to tour the new iSchool High at University Park and visit with students and administrators.