LSCS News - All Campuses
- LSC-Kingwood Invites Community to First History Conference - May 24, 2013
History teachers, professors and people interested in the subject are invited to Lone Star College-Kingwood’s first History Day Conference on June 19 from 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Designed to be interactive and thought provoking, this conference is for community members interested in the examination of succession, the Civil War and Reconstruction. Participants will also receive resources needed for instruction.
- Get ahead this summer at Lone Star College-North Harris - May 23, 2013
Are you looking to get ahead for the fall semester? There is still time
left to register for summer classes! The first summer session begins June 3 and
runs through July 9, and the second summer session will take place July 11
through August 18.
- New Student Orientation Information - May 22, 2013
New Student Orientation is required for all first-time in college students. These programs include advising sessions and campus tours. New Student Orientations are free – however, students must register for Orientation ahead of time.
- Graduates Celebrate Achievement at LSC-Tomball Commencement - May 17, 2013
The Fellowship of the Woodlands was packed with family, friends and guests on May 11 as graduating students received their diplomas and honors at the 2013 Lone Star College-Tomball Commencement ceremony.
- Dancers Invited to Intensive Camp - May 17, 2013
Intermediate and advanced dancers are invited to register for the first Summer Dance Intensive Program hosted by LSC-Kingwood and Rednerrus Feil Dance Company. The intensive program will take place June 7-9. Registration is open to dancers age 16 and older who wish to gain college or professional experience. Participants will learn a highly concentrated curriculum with professional expertise training and technique from LSC-Kingwood faculty, RFDC directors, and guest artists.
- Four Students Share Amazing Stories at Program Honoring Scholars and Thanking Generous Donors - May 17, 2013
The recent spring semester event celebrates the hard work and achievements of LSC-CyFair's scholarship recipients as well as the generosity of donors who provided more than $166,500 in scholarships this year.
- College to be Closed for Memorial Day Holiday - May 17, 2013
LSC-Tomball will be closed for the Memorial Day Holiday Saturday through Monday, May 25-27. All offices will be closed and classes will not be held. The LSC-Tomball Community Library will be open on Saturday, May 25 from 10 am to 5 pm, but closed on Monday, May 27. The library is always closed Sundays. Normal business hours will resume on Tuesday, May 28.
- Library Celebrates 10 Millionth Circulation Milestone - May 17, 2013
After serving the Cy-Fair community for 10 years, this joint public and college library reaches a new circulation milestone when the 10 millionth item was checked out April 28.
- Beat the Heat with Summer Classes at Lone Star College-Montgomery - May 16, 2013
Get a head start on your college goals this summer at Lone Star College-Montgomery. With two summer sessions—the first beginning June 3, and the second beginning July 11, LSC-Montgomery has lots of classes available for those wanting to beat the heat and complete a college course in just six weeks.
- Lone Star College-North Harris GED graduation speaker hopes to inspire others that it is never too late to head back to the classroom - May 16, 2013
Kimberly White, a
student at Lone Star College-North Harris, learned later on in life that her
education was important to her, so she decided to go back to school to earn her