LSCS News - All Campuses
- September 18, 2014LSC-Montgomery’s music department is excited to present piano “super” Saturday, a day-long musical festival dedicated to anything piano related, on Saturday, November 1, from 12 to 6 p.m., in the Recital Hall, located in the college’s Music Hall (Building H).
- September 17, 2014Inspired by the everyday life and culture of Mexico, Houston-based artist Janice Freeman creates large scale collage paintings that incorporate not only dream imagery, but also memory, observation, and the projection of wishes and desires. A retrospective of her work will be on display beginning Oct. 15 and running through Nov. 13 in the Lone Star College-Kingwood Fine Arts Gallery, located in the Performing Arts Center.
- September 17, 2014Hispanic Heritage Month at Lone Star College-North Harris features Sept. 24 presentation by Dr. Jose-Antonio Orosco
Dr. Jose-Antonio Orosco, director of the peace studies program at Oregon State University, will make a special presentation at Lone Star College-North Harris on Wednesday, Sept. 24 at noon in the Academic Building (ACAD-126), located at 2700 W.W. Thorne Drive in Houston. This event is free and open to the public, but seating is limited.
- September 15, 2014In connection with October being National Substance Abuse Prevention month, Lone Star College-Montgomery’s Human Services Student Organization will offer a series of lectures designed to raise awareness of issues related to drugs and alcohol. All lectures will be held on the LSC-Montgomery campus in building G, room 102.
- September 11, 2014Lone Star College announced today that its student enrollment hit an all-time high, with 82,818 credit students attending this fall, a 7 percent increase over fall 2013.
- September 11, 2014LSC-Montgomery, in partnership with the Texas Familias Council, will honor Hispanic Heritage month with a community leadership event on Tuesday, September 30, on the LSC-Montgomery campus, in the Performing Arts Center (Bldg. D).
- September 11, 2014Graduates of LSC-Montgomery’s physical therapist assistant (PTA) program continue to pass national licensing boards with flying colors.
- September 11, 2014New and current students still have a chance to take classes this fall at LSC-Montgomery as Late Start courses, an alternative to the regular 16-week semester, begin in September and October.
- September 10, 2014
Kenneth Dautrich, professor of public opinion and public policy at The University of Connecticut, will make a special presentation to celebrate Constitution Day at Lone Star College-North Harris on Wednesday, Sept. 17 at 10:30 a.m. in the Academic Building (ACAD-126), located at 2700 W.W. Thorne Drive in Houston.
- September 10, 2014The Lone Star College System Board of Trustees voted unanimously Sept. 4 to reduce the property tax rate to 10.81 cents per $100 property evaluation for the 2014-15 tax year, which represents a significant 7 percent decrease.