Lone Star College-CyFair’s Small Business Development Center, the LSC-CyFair Branch Library and the Cy-Fair Houston Chamber of Commerce will co-host a don’t-miss information-packed seminar series this spring designed to help business owners and employees build a successful business.
Invest one Wednesday a week Feb. 6 through March 6 and maximize the success of your business with the free Business Success Seminars held from 8 a.m. to 9:15 a.m. in the library, room 131 (unless otherwise noted) on the Barker Cypress campus at 9191 Barker Cypress.
- Wednesday Feb. 6: Hispanic Marketing Tips from Lopez Negrete Communications - “It’s a world all its own, with different textures and tastes, rhythms and hues.” Learn how to market to the Latino community with Maria Tapias, Group Account Director, Lopez Negrete Communications (the award-winning advertising agency to Wal-Mart Stores, MillerCoors and Kraft Foods.)
- Wednesday Feb. 13: QuickBooks - Get a grip on your books as a certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor, Deborah Hroch of Deborah Hroch & Associates, LLC, shows you how to use the #1 business accounting software program.
- Wednesday Feb. 20: Social Media Marketing – Siva Yenneti of ITVibes provides tips to increase your customers and keep them with an effective social media strategy.
- Wednesday Feb. 27: Take Your Business on the Go with Mobile Apps- Join Technology Trainer and Librarian Dorrie Scott to discover apps for your smartphone and tablet that keep you connected, productive and ready to sell. Bring your iPad or smart phone for some hands-on practice.
- Wednesday March 6: Fulfillment by Amazon – Find out how to boost your sales using Amazon’s world-class fulfillment program with Daniel Kainer, Professor and Small Business Owner.
Pre-registration is not required for this series. There will be coffee, pastries, an opportunity to share your business offering and door prizes.
For information on the spring Business Success Seminar series, go to LoneStar.edu/library/business-seminars or call 832.482.1057 or 281.290.3214.