Financial Aid Verification
Verification Account Set Up
Follow these steps to set up your account to complete verification.
- Click on the Personal URL (PURL) in the email you received from the Lone Star College Financial Aid Office.
The process cannot be completed without using the PURL.
- Verify your identity by entering your personal information.
- Confirm that your personal information is correct, and fill in any blank fields where necessary. Note: Some fields may be auto-filled based on what you listed on your FAFSA.
- Create a user name and password. Note: Passwords must be a minimum of six characters and must include at least one number or special character, such as $, ! or &.
- Select three security questions you can easily remember and enter in the answers.
Dependent Student Requirements
Dependent students who provided information about their parents when filling out the FAFSA, must include parent(s) information to complete the verification process.
- If you are a dependent student selected for verification, the Parent Information Box will appear.
- Have your parent's e-mail address, date of birth and social security number available when registering in the site.
- The same e-mail cannot be used twice. If more than one student from the same household is attending college and is selected for verification, each student must submit a different parent e-mail address.
- Enter the information requested, and click “Next” to continue.
Parent of Dependent Student Requirements
- Parent(s) will receive an e-mail with instructions to access the website and complete the process.
- Parent(s) with more than one student attending Lone Star College, will have to complete this process for each student selected for verification.
You have now verified your identity,created your personal account and you can move on to uploading (or faxing) your documents. Please be sure to follow the instructions carefully and accurately for faxing or uploading your documents.
Send Documentation for Review
- Students/Parents who did not select the "IRS data retrieval" option on the FAFSA, may have to submit an IRS tax transcript.
- After all documents are completed and/or attached for review, confirm and submit the package.
- If all paperwork is satisfactory, a financial aid award letter will be sent to your myLoneStar campus e-mail account.
- If additional clarification is required, another e-mail will be sent to your myLoneStar campus e-mail account.
- You must click on the link in the e-mail to access your account.
- Enter your account log-in information to the Personal URL (PURL) to provide requested information as soon as possible to avoid further delays.
Dependent students will receive an e-mail in myLoneStar after their parent(s) complete the process. Once the e-mail is received, log back into the PURL to confirm and send the documentation.
Financial Aid Contact Center
Ask a Financial Aid Question
Mon-Fri: 7:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.