We are glad you have chosen our college to continue your education. To help you with your transition to our college, we offer New Student Orientation programs prior to the start of each semester.
New Student Orientation is required for all first-time in college students. These programs include advising sessions and campus tours. New Student Orientations are FREE – however, students must register for Orientation ahead of time. Please note that due to space restrictions, these programs are for new students only.
Can you check off all of the questions below with a “YES”?
1. Have you applied for admission to Lone Star College?
2. Do you know your Lone Star College ID number?
You can find this on the last page of your admissions application, or by logging into MyLonestar and looking under your demographic information in the Self-Service menu.
3. Have you submitted your official TAKS scores or other possible exemption scores (ACT or SAT)?
4. Have you taken your placement test? ONLY for those not exempt by completing #3 above.If it is determined that you must take a placement test, please note that all placement testing MUST be completed prior to attending orientation. This will allow you to take part in the advising and registration portion of the program. Don’t forget to attend a review session before testing.
5. Have you provided proof of meningitis vaccination or exemption? Meeting the state meningitis compliance requirement is part of the registration process. Student access to class registration will be blocked until evidence of compliance with meningitis requirements is completed. Students should plan ahead to meet compliance requirements and eliminate registration delays. For more information on this topic, including how to submit proof or exemption, please visit the Required Meningitis Vaccination page on our website.
If you answered "YES!" to all of the questions above, click on one of the following links to register for orientation:
The LSC-CyFair campus is located at 9191 Barker Cypress Road and West Road. Click here for a map!
|Tuesday||May 14||-||3:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||May 16||-||3:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||May 21||-||9:00 a.m.|
|Tuesday||May 21||-||5:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||May 23||-||9:00 a.m.|
|Tuesday||May 28||-||3:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||May 30||-||3:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||June 4||-||5:00 p.m.||Evening/Weekend Specific|
|Thursday||June 6||-||9:00 a.m.|
|Tuesday||June 11||-||9:00 a.m.|
|Thursday||June 13||-||3:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||June 18||-||5:00 p.m.||Evening/Weekend Specific|
|Thursday||June 20||-||9:00 a.m.|
|Tuesday||June 25||-||9:00 a.m.|
|Thursday||June 27||-||3:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||July 2||-||9:00 a.m.|
|Tuesday||July 9||-||9:00 a.m.|
|Tuesday||July 9||-||5:00 p.m.||Evening/Weekend Specific|
|Thursday||July 11||-||9:00 a.m.|
|Thursday||July 11||-||2:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||July 16||-||9:00 a.m.|
|Tuesday||July 16||-||5:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||July 18||-||9:00 a.m.|
|Thursday||July 18||-||2:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||July 23||-||9:00 a.m.|
|Tuesday||July 23||-||5:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||July 25||-||9:00 a.m.|
|Thursday||July 25||-||2:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||July 30||-||9:00 a.m.|
|Tuesday||July 30||-||5:00 p.m.||Evening/Weekend Specific|
|Thursday||August 1||-||9:00 a.m.|
|Thursday||August 1||-||2:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||August 6||-||9:00 a.m.|
|Tuesday||August 6||-||5:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||August 8||-||9:00 a.m.|
|Thursday||August 8||-||2:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||August 13||-||9:00 a.m.|
|Tuesday||August 13||-||5:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||August 15||-||9:00 a.m.|
|Thursday||August 15||-||2:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||August 20||-||9:00 a.m.|
|Tuesday||August 20||-||5:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||August 22||-||9:00 a.m.|
|Thursday||August 22||-||2:00 p.m.|
Click here to sign up for one of the above programs.
|Tuesday||May 21||-||2:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||June 11||-||9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.|
|Tuesday||July 9||-||2:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||August 7||-||9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.|
Click here to sign up for an orientation session at the LSC-Fairbanks Center! The LSC-Fairbanks Center is located at 14955 Northwest Freeway/Highway 29 Houston, TX 77040.
For more information, please contact us:
Outreach and Retention