Community Leadership Institute
What is Community Leadership Institute?
The Community Leadership Institute is our region's premier resource for leadership development and civic education that is community-based, intergenerational, and inclusive of leaders from all sectors of our community.
CLI is home to several outstanding, interconnected flagship programs that together make up a comprehensive leadership development curriculum. These programs target different leadership groups and together provide a unique combination of leadership development, civic education, civic engagement, and networking opportunities for leaders at all levels.
Developing Leaders. Delivering Results.
The Community Leadership Institute's community-focused curriculum achieves the goal of expanding and improving our civic leadership base and encouraging civic responsibility by including the following foundational elements in each of our flagship programs:
- Teaching the community's history and current environment as cornerstones of understanding what is possible in the future
- Enhancing regional competitiveness in a global economy
- Increasing the levels of active and responsible civic leadership in community issues
- Creating an inclusive leadership environment that demonstrates mutual respect and civility while accomplishing significant civic goals
- Building civic capacity that achieves meaningful results across a generation of leaders
We are committed to north Houston's excellence. Together, we can create a future for our community that is full of promise, opportunity, and positive change.