Discovery College at LSC-Montgomery and LSC-Conroe Center provide a safe and fun "college experience," giving students and their families a comfortable introduction to their local Lone Star College campus.
Registration begins Saturday, March 23, 2013 from 9 a.m. - Noon in building E, Room E205.
Camps run weekly Monday through Thursday.
- Camps are primarily for children ages 7 to 14.
- Special "teen track" camps are for ages 15 to 17.
- Half day sessions are only $89!
- Discovery College programs are STEM-focused, meaning that they are specifically designed to engage your child in key areas like science, technology, engineering and math to promote a true learning experience. We also offer programs in performing arts, physical activity and more.
- Classes will include relevant information about topics like math, geography, history, and fitness to help students gain a well-rounded appreciation for today's world. Team exercises will also help students develop social and communication skills.
- 2013 camps include: Robotics; Lego Engineering; Digital Photography; Computer Wizards; Clay & Sculpture; Adventures in Art Oozing, Bubbling Science; Space & the Solar System; Lemonade Stand; Billionaire Banker; Digital Photography, Video 101, Web Design, Animation.
- In addition, during our weekly "Talk and Tours," students will have an opportunity to visit campus facilities including ceramics studios, nursing labs, biology labs, the theater, and the library to hear from campus experts and professors about what happens on the LSC-Montgomery campus.
- Lone Star College only hires the most qualified instructors for Discovery College, whether they are one of our incredibly talented college faculty members or one of our community's best K-12 educators, professional artists or performers.
- Student and parent evaluations are used for every Discovery College session to ensure that Lone Star College is offering the most relevant and exciting programs possible.