|LSC-Montgomery The Write Place
Location: General Academic Center, G-103
|LSC-Conroe Center The Write Place|
Summer hours effective June 2 to August 17
The Write Place will be closed July 3
Campus Location Date Time LSC-Montgomery G-103 Monday-Thursday 9:00am - 4:00pm LSC-Conroe Center CC-201 Monday-Thursday 12:00pm - 2:00pm
Check the LSCS Academic Calendar for official dates of closure.
What We Offer
- 12 Computers with Microsoft Windows 7 and Office 2013 (Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- One-on-one writing consultations of around 30 minutes in length
- Quick assistance whenever a consultant is available
- Dozens of reference handouts and books on writing and related topics
- Free informative workshops scheduled throughout the semester
Our writing consultants do not take over or "fix" your work, but come alongside to help you be a better writer. Our philosophy centers on the process, not a product. We can, however, provide you with tips and techniques for brainstorming, finding a thesis, organizing, adding support, citing correctly, and other writing-related issues. In a writing consultation, the consultant will focus on your goals and use your writing to practice strategies for meeting these goals.
Please review our consultation form for more information on this process. We'd like you to prepare for each session by answering the "Questions for the Student" in part 1.
Writing Across the Curriculum