| Student Services
| Learning Centers
| LSC-Montgomery Learning Center
| The Write Place
The Write Place: Policies
Preparation, Appointments, and Cancellations
- Making the Most of the Session: Writers should bring with them any written instructions provided by their instructor for the assignment they will be working on. They should allow a minimum of 24 hours between the session and the assignment due date.
- Scheduling Appointments: All appointments are for 30 minutes, and they must be scheduled one at a time. Appointments cannot be set more than one week in advance.
- Late Arrivals: The consultant will allow the writer a five-minute grace period to show up for an appointment. After five minutes, the appointment will be forfeited and marked as a no-show.
- Cancellations: If a writer is not able to attend an appointment, he or she should notify The Write Place as soon as possible. Cancellations that occur with less than six hours notice from the scheduled appointment time will be considered no-shows.
- No-Show Policy: If a writer misses two scheduled appointments for any reason, he or she will not be permitted to schedule appointments for the remainder of the current semester. The writer may continue to use walk-in services when consultants are available.
- Number of Sessions: A writer may schedule a maximum of two appointments for a total of one hour per day. The two sessions may not be scheduled back to back. As a general rule, a writer may schedule no more than ten 30-minute sessions each week.
In the Writing Center
- Always remember to sign in and out at the computer near the door.
- Computers are reserved for academic use only, particularly writing-related tasks.
- If you want to print some of your writing in order to go over it with a consultant, this is free. For other printing needs, please use an open computer lab on campus such as the Library or the Learning Center.
- Please keep your voice low to avoid distracting others.
- Cell phone use is prohibited in the writing center. Please step outside if you need to take a call.
- Try to keep the room neat and tidy. We ask that you refrain from eating and drinking at the computers, throw away any trash, and return your chair to its original position before you leave.