Office of Technology Services
| LSC-North Harris OTS
| LSC-North Harris Service Desk
LSC-North Harris Support Tiers
Tier I The Service Desk should:
- Take the call
- Enter the work order, user information and problem description
- Perform minor troubleshooting
o Network connectivity
- Use remote control systems to perform basic troubleshooting or to correct the problem.
- If the problem is resolved close the work order
- If minor troubleshooting does not work the work order is assigned to a technician.
- Follow up on work orders after they are closed, spot checking.
Tier I.5 Advanced Service Desk support
These are student employees that have sound technical skills and can handle advanced problems.
- Advanced hardware troubleshooting
- Parts replacement
- System maintenance
- Float computer installation
Tier II Primary PC Technicians
These are our Tech II, III and IVs.
- Hardware installation and configuration
- Troubleshooting hardware problems
- Parts replacement and warranty work
- Develop and test hardware images
If a problem can not be fixed by a Tier II technician it is escalated to Tier III
Tier III Advanced Technicians
These are a combination of Tech IV and LAN Techs.
- Overflow support for Tier II
- Server support
- Network support
- Virus Troubleshooting
- Technology Planning R&D