LSCS News - All Campuses
- September 19, 2014“Can we talk?” The late comedian, Joan Rivers, made that question famous in her stand-up routines but she had a point: Democracy requires an ongoing deliberative public dialogue for citizens to discuss common problems.
Deliberative Dialogues are public forums held to address specific problems related to family relationships, public health, foreign policy, civil rights, the environment, and other important issues.
- September 19, 2014There will be more than 74,000 annual job openings in middle skills occupations available in Houston between now and 2017 according to the Greater Houston Partnership. Help wanted signs are popping up all over town, with employers struggling to fill key positions.
- September 18, 2014LSC-Montgomery’s music department is excited to present piano “super” Saturday, a day-long musical festival dedicated to anything piano related, on Saturday, November 1, from 12 to 6 p.m., in the Recital Hall, located in the college’s Music Hall (Building H).
- September 17, 2014Hispanic Heritage Month at Lone Star College-North Harris features Sept. 24 presentation by Dr. Jose-Antonio Orosco
Dr. Jose-Antonio Orosco, director of the peace studies program at Oregon State University, will make a special presentation at Lone Star College-North Harris on Wednesday, Sept. 24 at noon in the Academic Building (ACAD-126), located at 2700 W.W. Thorne Drive in Houston. This event is free and open to the public, but seating is limited.
- September 17, 2014Inspired by the everyday life and culture of Mexico, Houston-based artist Janice Freeman creates large scale collage paintings that incorporate not only dream imagery, but also memory, observation, and the projection of wishes and desires. A retrospective of her work will be on display beginning Oct. 15 and running through Nov. 13 in the Lone Star College-Kingwood Fine Arts Gallery, located in the Performing Arts Center.
- September 15, 2014In connection with October being National Substance Abuse Prevention month, Lone Star College-Montgomery’s Human Services Student Organization will offer a series of lectures designed to raise awareness of issues related to drugs and alcohol. All lectures will be held on the LSC-Montgomery campus in building G, room 102.
- September 11, 2014New and current students still have a chance to take classes this fall at LSC-Montgomery as Late Start courses, an alternative to the regular 16-week semester, begin in September and October.
- September 11, 2014Lone Star College announced today that its student enrollment hit an all-time high, with 82,818 credit students attending this fall, a 7 percent increase over fall 2013.
- September 11, 2014LSC-Montgomery, in partnership with the Texas Familias Council, will honor Hispanic Heritage month with a community leadership event on Tuesday, September 30, on the LSC-Montgomery campus, in the Performing Arts Center (Bldg. D).
- September 11, 2014Graduates of LSC-Montgomery’s physical therapist assistant (PTA) program continue to pass national licensing boards with flying colors.