Free Business Success Seminars are Back this Fall
Published on: August 08, 2012
To maximize the success of your business, invest an hour one Wednesday a week in free Business Success Seminars at Lone Star College-CyFair covering topics from mobile marketing and cloud computing to sales techniques and more.
The free weekly Business Success Seminars will be held Wednesdays from 7:45 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. in the library, room 131 (unless otherwise noted) on the Barker Cypress campus at 9191 Barker Cypress. No sign up is required and there will be door prizes.
- Wednesday Sept. 19: Increase Customer Conversions with Mobile Marketing - Mobile commerce is exploding. With 60% of online local searches generated from mobile phones, we must be prepared or be lost in the internet dust! Smart phone activities increase customer conversions, brand awareness and SEO, driving leads and purchases. Learn from Siva Yenneti of ITVibes how to prepare your online presence to capture this potential.
- Wednesday Sept. 26: Demystifying the Hype Surrounding Cloud Computing - Never lose your files again and ditch the flash drive. Camille Hamilton of CMIT Solutions of Northwest Houston Suburbs reveals the hidden breakthrough of using and storing files and programs remotely. Learn the basics of cloud computing, how it will benefit your business and take off with us!
- Wednesday Oct. 3: The Road to Success … Always Under Construction - Speaker, author and entrepreneur Nozer Buchia’s message reveals his personal experiences of failures in business and what he did to succeed. His power of positive thinking, coupled with his message of success through failures, will lead you into empowering yourself and believing in your true worth. Learn how you can overcome those roadblocks on your way to success.
- Wednesday Oct. 10: QuickBooks – What You Need to Know - Are your books cooked or just well done? Take a crash course in QuickBooks, an inexpensive and versatile software. Certified QuickBooks Pro, Deborah Hroch of Deborah Hroch & Associates, LLC, helps you find out if being your own bookkeeper is the right choice for you.
- Wednesday Oct.17: Pinterest for Business - Join librarian and Pinterest fan Dorrie Scott to get on board with Pinterest and generate interest in your business. Using the fastest growing social media website in internet history, discover how Pinterest can drive traffic and prospective sales to your eCommerce or brick-and-mortar business.
- Wednesday Oct. 24: The Art of the Close/Words that Sell - Need to brush up on your sales techniques? Professional Sales and Management Trainer Peggy Martin gives a lively sales refresher course with emphasis on using power words in your communication.
For information on the spring Business Success Seminar series, which the Small Business Development Center and the LSC-CyFair Branch Library are sponsoring, go to LoneStar.edu/library/business-seminars or call 281.290.3214 or 832.482.1057.