| Student Services
| Learning Centers
LSC-Fairbanks Center Learning Commons
The Lone Star College-Fairbanks Center Learning Commons provides on-site use of computer and library resources. The Learning Commons also houses the Testing Center, and Tutoring is located across the hall in room 113.
- Computer log-in process requires your myLoneStar user name and password, or a Harris County Public Library barcode and PIN. Non-students/non-library patrons will need to request a temporary user name and password.
- Equipped with 30 computers
- Internet and email access for class-related activities
- Printing/copying (10 cents/page with print card; copying is 15 cents/page with cash)
- Tutoring Center, room 113, offers free tutoring in English, ESOL, Math, Biology and Accounting
- The Learning Commons also houses several items available for instructors to check out for classroom use: assorted videos, bin of headphones, clickers, presenters, Accelerated Learning tools, and a set of iPads.
Photo identification is required for all tests. The Testing Center will not begin any test within one hour prior to closing. Please do not bring children while testing: children cannot be accommodated.
Student ID cards are made in the Learning Commons. The card is also a Harris County Public Library card, with library bar code on the back. A PIN is also required for library use. Card can have money loaded onto it for printing and copying in the Learning Commons at 10 cents per page. The card can be renewed each semester of enrollment by presenting it to the Business Office for a new semester sticker. If your card needs to be replaced for any reason, a $10 replacement fee will be charged.
Hours of Operation
Hours shown below are subject to change between semesters. Please call in advance to confirm.
|Monday - Thursday
||7:30 am - 9:00 pm|
||7:30 am - 4:30 pm|
||9:00 am - 2:00 pm|
Contact and Location
Lone Star College-Fairbanks Center
14955 Northwest Freeway, Room 115
Houston, TX 77040