| Research Guides
| Research Guides - North Harris
Construction & Building Research Guide - LSC-North Harris
A good starting point for construction and building research are the following reference books, which are located on the third floor of the library.
- International Building Code 2012 (ICC) -REF K3538.A15 I5 2012
- International Residential Code 2012 (ICC) - REF K3538.I586 2012
- International Energy Conservation Code 2012 (ICC) - REF K3538 .I584 2012
- International Fire Code 2012 (ICC) - REF K3674 .I58 2012
- National Electrical Code Handbook 2011 (NFPA) - REF TK260 .N2 2011
Other useful books are in the library's reserve room (LB208) on the second floor of the library
City of Houston Building Codes, Amendments, and Information
- Significant Changes to the International Building Code 2006
- Texas Accessibility Academy
- Texas Accessibility Standards (TAS)
Online Journals and Periodicals
Find e-books, streaming videos, and articles from magazines, newspapers, and journals. Use your 14-digit library barcode number for off-campus access (the number is on the back of your student ID). Don't have an ID? Get one from the library. Distance students can fill out the online request form..
Find books, e-books, DVDs, and more.
Use the Library Catalog
Library Catalog Video Tutorials
- Enter search terms.
- Browse search results and click on the title to view the detailed item record.
- Scroll to the bottom for availability, collection, location, and call number.
- To find the book on the shelf you will need the complete call number.
- To request a book from another location, click "request first available copy" then type in your library barcode number and your PIN.
Searching the Catalog