| Research Guides
| Research Guides - North Harris
Archives - LSC-North Harris
Lone Star College-North Harris Archives
The Lone Star College-North Harris Library has been acquiring documents to preserve the institutional history of Lone Star College-North Harris for over 20 years. These materials were gathered by library personnel with the intent of adding an archives when space and funds permitted. In 2000 when the library moved into its current building, the library staff and the director decided to organize and catalog the gathered material for easier access.
Lone Star College System and North Harris celebrated their 30th anniversary in 2003. A traveling exhibit of some of the material gathered plus recently acquired items was displayed at all the System campuses during the 2003-2004 school year.
Information and access to the materials can be obtained by making an appointment. Please call the Reference Desk at the NHC library; 281-618-5707. The Archives contains the following items. As material is properly accessioned, it will be added.
- Artifact Collection - Includes cheerleading outfits from the 1970s, gifts, and 30-year exhibit.
- Audiotape Collection - Oral histories of Lone Star College-North Harris and Lone Star College System faculty, staff, and administrators compiled for the 25th Anniversary celebration.
- Book Collection - Books in the archives consist of publications by NHC faculty and staff.
- College Archives - Files, documents, and publications of departments deposited in the archives to preserve the institutional history.
- Faculty Collection - Publications by and material preserved about NHC faculty, staff, and administrators. See also the Newspaper Clippings files.
- Image Collections - Nearly 10,000 photographs, slides, and negatives taken by faculty, staff, and administrators. Images are of events, buildings, personnel and students on campus.
- Manuscript Collection - A small number of personal and corporate collections. As more are processed, the number of online finding aids will increase.
- Newsletter Collection - Approximately 150 newsletters produced by NHC departments are included in this collection.
- Newspaper Clippings - Nearly 10,000 clippings that document the vision, growth, and expansion of Lone Star College-North Harris.
- Oral History Collection - Oral histories taken by LSC-NH faculty, staff, and students of LSC environs and of people living and working in the surrounding neighborhoods.
- Vertical Files - Individual items too small to be included elsewhere. Usually consisting of college ephemera.
- Videotape Collection - Tapes of college plays and presentations. Beta and VHS formats.
Need Help?? - Contact Us!! Updated 3 June 2010 vr