| About the Libraries
| LSC-North Harris Library
Student Library Advisory Club
The mission is to provide input and student perspective to assist the LSC-North Harris Library in responding to the changing information needs of 21st century students.
- Respond to various surveys on topics related to library resources, services, and image
- Provide insight into the study habits of our student population
- Solicit input from peers via polls or other means of communication on various topics
- Provide suggestions and recommendations for improving services and resources
- Work with library faculty and staff to shape the LSC-North Harris library into a 21st century library
2012-2013 Major Accomplishments
- From one of their recommendations, we increased marketing to include a captive audience in restroom stalls.
- Group provided feedback on the current state of library e-books, and created an E-Book survey which is now included on all our Library Research Guides.
- Group provided feedback on the furniture, carpet, and decor.
- Group provided feedback on the main Library page redesign.
- Increased marketing to include in-house promotion of our services on every Library Student Research computer with a customized desktop background.
- Explored and provided very positive feedback on NBC Learn and Films On Demand on mobile devices.
- Piloted and tested instructions on accessing our e-book collection on Kindle Fire devices.
- 2013 Club President, Lorinzia Hannah, interviewed the 2013 Student Poet Laureate, Imani "Clio" Lang.