Tax Preparation - LSC-CyFair
February 3 – April 14, 2014 in LRNC 131
- Mondays: 3:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays: 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Thursdays: 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Lone Star College-CyFair Accounting Department and AARP provides free tax assistance to seniors and low/middle income individuals on a first come, first served basis.
NOTE: Taxes may be filed electronically. Please bring the following items to prepare your taxes:
- Copy of last year's income tax return(s).
- Social Security cards for all adults and dependents.
- W-2 forms from each employer.
- W-2G for gambling winnings.
- Unemployment compensation statements on 1099-G.
- SSA-1099 form if you were paid Social Security benefits.
- All 1099 forms (1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-B) showing interest and/or dividends and documentation showing original purchase price and purchase date of sold assets.
- 1099-misc showing any miscellaneous income.
- 1099-R form if you received a pension or annuity.
- All forms indicating federal income tax paid.
- Dependent care provider information (name, address, and Employer Identification Number (EIN) or provider’s Social Security Number).
- All receipts or canceled checks if itemizing deductions.
Additional Tax Help
Tax Deadline - April 15, 2014!Tax Forms and Publications in the Library!
A small number of forms and publications are available in the library.