| LSCS Live Entertainment Technology Departments
| LSC-Montgomery Live Entertainment Technology
Frequently Asked Questions
Lone Star College-Montgomery Live Entertainment Technology FAQs
What programs are available?
- Marketable Skills Award
- Level I Certificate
- Level II Certificate
- Associate of Applied Science Degree
- Continuing Education Certificates
How long does it take to complete the program?
- The Marketable Skills Award consists of 11 credit hours and can be completed in 1 semester
- The Level I Certificate consists of 36 credit hours and can be completed in 2 semesters
- Level II Certificate consists of 45 credit hours and can be completed in 3 semesters (which includes the 2 semesters for the Level I Certificate)
- The AAS Degree consists of 60-61 credit hours and can be completed in 4 semesters.
What do Live Entertainment Technicians do?
Live Entertainment Technicians set up and operate specialty lighting, audio, and video equipment including microphones, sound speakers, video screens, projectors, video monitors, recording equipment, connecting wires and cables, sound and mixing boards, and related electronic equipment for concerts, sports events, meetings and conventions, presentations, and news conferences.
What job opportunities are available?
Technicians can work in a variety of fields including live theatre, concerts, the cruise industry, houses of worship, corporations, theme entertainment, convention centers, hotels, trade venues and sporting venues.
How much can I expect to earn?
Technicians in Texas, specialists average $13.51 an hour and can earn more than $24.48 an hour.
Where can I get more information about this career?
Is Financial Aid Available?
To explore financial aid options visit the financial aid link on the LSC-Montgomery website: www.LoneStar.edu/financial-aid or call 281.290.2700.
Still Have Questions?
Contact: Rob Kreps
Program Director for Live Entertainment Technology