The vision of the LSC-Kingwood Intercultural Center is to create systemic change toward an intercultural perspective across the institution and foster community-building and collaboration among diverse groups both within and outside of the college.
The Intercultural Center seeks to foster intercultural awareness, inclusiveness and respect for all in the LSC-Kingwood community. We are committed to the enhancement of a positive LSC-Kingwood experience for students, staff, and faculty, especially those from culturally and ethnically diverse communities.
Implement programming and services that support the personal and intellectual development of all LSC-Kingwood students including African American, Asian American, Latino/a, Multiracial, Native American, GLBT, low-income, students with disabilities, ESOL, international, and first-generation college students at LSC-Kingwood.
- Implement programming that addresses awareness, inclusion, and equity around multicultural and global issues
- Strengthen our community and build partnerships with local organizations such as local school districts, businesses, and non-profit organizations to ensure a positive experience for those from historically under-represented backgrounds
- To enrich the experience of the entire student body and community by providing opportunities to engage and educate the campus as a whole on issues related to diversity
- Facilitate educational programming such as the African-American and Hispanic Summer Institute for Males, Women of Color Summit, and a Financial Literacy Program
- Establish a comprehensive mentoring program for first-year students who are from under-represented backgrounds
- Develop and prepare future leaders to be culturally competent in a diverse and multicultural society