The college is offering TWO college courses: Survey of British Literature 1 (Engl. 2322) AND Forms of Literature 1: Shakespeare's Comedies and Tragedies (Engl. 2342), so students can earn 3 OR 6 college credits.
To enroll in the program for college credit, you must go through the regular summer semester enrollment process which begins March 2, 2009.
The Lone Star College System is offering scholarships to eligible Lone Star College students (see below for scholarship eligibility requirements) to cover up to 75 percent of the travel program costs.
Continuing Education / Leisure Learning
In addition to the study abroad opportunity, we are offering a Continuing Education and Leisure component for students who are interested in just the trip part of the course or have friends or family members who would like to go on the trip with them. The dates for the trip are June 4 to 12, 2009, but for the credit students, we will spend one week in class before the trip (May 25-29, 5 - 7:30 p.m.) introducing the literature and discussing historical background of the Old and Middle English period to prepare for
the trip. We will take one major exam at the end of the week, and students will be required to keep a travel journal describing their experience and
the literary sites we visit. When we get back, class will meet from June 22 to July 2 (5 - 7:30 p.m.) to complete the course requirements.
For the travel segment of the course, there is a one-time $95 lifetime membership fee; $450 due 30 days after enrollment and the final payment for the trip must be made by February 25, 2009. You must enroll online as soon as possible by following the steps below:
1. Go to: http://www.eftours.com/
2. Select the "students/parents" at the top of the screen
3. On the bottom right hand corner of this screen you will see text that reads "Get Started" in orange. Select "Enroll in my teacher's tour" below this text.
4. You will then be asked to enter your tour #; your tour number is 643305. (Note: Choose 643305-G2 if you are interested in the tour + Extension to Dublin.)
5. The next screen will ask you to confirm the information on the screen (your name and the name of the tour).
6. After you confirm this, the next screen will ask you to enter your credit card information to be properly enrolled!
If you have any questions about payment plans or to enroll over the phone please call EF customer service at 1-800-665-5364.
Scholarship deadline is Monday, November 17, 2008. To qualify for a Lone Star College scholarship for the program, a student must:
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Martina Kusi-Mensah by phone at (936) 273-7276 or email.