Description: In this course students use process writing techniques to write short essays. Open lab available. This course carries institutional credit but will not transfer and may not be used to meet degree requirements.
Learning Outcomes: Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to
1. Use prewriting devices (e.g. brainstorming, outlining, drafting) to compose short essays.
2. Write a well-organized short essay containing thesis statement and sufficient support.
3. Write short essays in such rhetorical modes as narration, description, and opinion.
4. Use conjunctions and transitions correctly.
5. Edit for errors in subject-verb agreement, fragments, run-ons, comma splices, spelling, capitalization and punctuation.