Office of Technology Services
| LSC-North Harris OTS
| LSC-North Harris Procedures
Conduct and Conflict Resolution
All members of the OTS department are expected to conduct business in a professional manor at all times. If a problem arises the situation should be taken to the Dean of Technology and planning immediately.
Despite the best of intentions on all sides, differences of opinion on priorities, timeliness and quality of service will occasionally occur. In such instances, the following procedure is requested for speedy resolution:
- Recognize that in most cases everyone is acting in the overall best interest of the College and the students.
- If you have a problem, the first step should be a direct contact with the individual involved explaining your view of the problem. Please listen to their view, and hopefully the two of you can reach agreement.
- Should there still be a problem, please call or e-mail the Dean of Technology. A discussion at that point hopefully will either open up additional understanding or develop a compelling case for action of one type or another. The rest of the world should not be involved at this point (no need to copy the entire campus in your e-mail).
- Should resolution not be agreed upon at that level, it needs to move up a level with the appropriate division head or dean involved.
- In rare instances, the issue will be taken to one of the vice presidents or the president for direction.
Hopefully, articulation and distribution of the response plan and subsequent communications will greatly eliminate the need for such conflict resolution.