Is Biotechnology For You?
* Do you like gizmos and gadgets?
* Do you frequently ask "Why"?
* Do you want employment opportunites and flexibility in your job?
* Do the words adventure, discovery and invention intrigue you?
* Do you ever wonder about the power and responsibility of genetic research?
Whether you are attracted to the hands-on world of technology, the rewards of research, or the intellectual excitement of resolving ethical and moral dilemmas, BIOTECHNOLOGY has a place for you. The question is not whether you are suited to a career in biotechnology - but rather which career path within biotechnology is best suited to you. Investigate job opportunities for more information about career options available to you in biotech.
An overview of the field of biotech and the opportunities at LSC-Montgomery can be found in the following biotech fliers:
Biotechnology for You in Spanish
The Biotechnology for You brochure in Spanish is a product of NSF Award #0401988, Biotech-SUCCESS, which provided support for the development of the document. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.
Types of Biotechnology Companies
There are many types of biotechnology companies. The academic areas that hold the most promise for industrial spin-off include:
* Molecular medicine
* Microbial genomics
* Energy and the Environment
* Agriculture and Aquaculture
* DNA forensics (identification)