Rules include but are not limited to the following:
1. The game shall be played between 2 teams of 7 players each.
2. The regular size ball shall be used for play.
3. Teams must wear same color jersey. The ‘jersey’ will be long enough to remain tucked into shorts/pants during entire down, or short enough so there is a minimum of 4” from the bottom of the jersey to the players waistline. Players must wear pants or shorts without any belt(s), belt loop(s), pockets(s) or exposed drawstrings. The pants or shorts must be a different color than the flags.
4. Each player must wear a flag. Flag belts consist of three permanent flags attached, one flag on each side and one in the center of the back.
5. Players must wear tennis shoes or football cleats during the games.
6. Players wearing illegal equipment will not be allowed to participate. This includes but is not limited to: jewelry, hats with brims or hard unyielding material, pads or braces worn above the waist, shoes with metal, ceramic, or screw-in cleats, jerseys which do not remain tucked in, unapproved pants or shorts, leg and knee braces made of hard, unyielding material, and exposed metal on clothes or person.
7. The field will be 40 yards wide and 80 yards long with end zones of 10 yards.
8. The game will consist of two 20 minute halves with the clock stopping on the last 2 minutes for incomplete passes, out of bounds, safety, team time-out, first downs, and touchdowns.
9. Each team has four downs to complete a touchdown. A first down is awarded to two consecutive completed passes.
10. A fumble is considered a dead ball.
11. Players who remove the flag belt from the runner should immediately hold the flag belt above his/her head to assist the official in locating the spot where the capture occurred.
12. Players may not hold, push, or knock the runner down in an attempt to remove the flag belt.
13. Screen blocking is legally obstructing an opponent without using any part of the body to initiate contact. Every attempt must be made to avoid contact on a rush and a block. If a player makes contact in the block or rush a foul will be called against the team committing the foul.
14. At the beginning of the game, a coin toss will determine possession and sides.
15. Each team has 2 one minute time-outs each half.
16. Each team can punt the ball on the fourth down, but the other team must be notified of the intent to punt.
17. An opportunity to score 1 point from the 3 yard line, 2 points from the 10 yard line, or 3 points from the 20 yard line by running or passing only shall be granted the team scoring a touchdown.
18. The player scoring the touchdown must raise his/her arms so the nearest official can deflag the player. If the player is not deflagged with one pull and the official determines the flag belt has been secured illegally, the touchdown is disallowed, and the player is disqualified.
19. After a touchdown and extra point attempt, the ball shall be snapped by the opponent of the scoring team at their own 14 yard line.
20. A space of 3 yards will be given by the defense and the ball on the snap.
21. If a team intercepts a pass or fumble during the extra point attempt and returns it for a touchdown, they score 3 points.