WELCOME to Lone Star College-North Harris!
First Year Experience
The Office of Academic Success Initiatives for Students (OASIS) at Lone Star College-North Harris offers an array of resources designed to improve retention and graduation rates, particularly among first-time-in-college students. We invite all students to take advantage of these programs.
Prepare for success
- Orientation – Help getting started and connecting to resources
- Student Success Course (HUMD 0330) – Learn to overcome the common barriers to success
- Student Success Advisors – Specially trained advisors committed to your success
- Summer Link – Get a head start on your transition from high school to college
Benefit from proven resources
- The Learning Center – Open computer lab and free, subject-specific tutoring with proven results
- Peer Mentoring and Tutoring – Learn from a current student how to achieve success
- Faculty/Staff Academic Coaching – Have an on-campus coach for encouragement and assistance
Connect with others
- Service Learning – Earn credit while volunteering and engaging in the community
- Common Read – Make new friends and enjoy a shared experience
- Multi-cultural Academic & Support Services (MASS) – Mentoring and workshops specifically designed for a diverse student population
For more information about these and other programs, contact OASIS at 281.618.5776 or stop by ACAD-200.