| LSCS Cosmetology Departments
| LSC-Kingwood Cosmetology Department
- The LSC-Kingwood Cosmetology Program prepares the student for the State Licensing Exam. Upon successful completion, the graduate will be eligible for a Cosmetology Operator License.
- The LSC-Kingwood Facial Program prepares the student for the State Licensing Exam. Upon successful completion the graduate will be eligible for an Esthetician License.
- LSC-Kingwood also offers an Associate of Applied Science Degree (AAS) in Cosmetology.
Entrance Requirements for the Operator and Facial Certificate
- High school diploma or GED
- Completion of ENGL 0304 /ENGL 0315 and ENGL 0306/ENGL 0325 with grade of B or above OR College level ENGL (ENGL 1301) OR placement by testing.
- Minimum age 17 years (Must be 18 years at the time of licensing exam)
- Good academic and disciplinary standing at any other colleges attended
- Attendance at mandatory orientation in August
- To remain in good academic standing, students must earn C or higher in each course.
- It is recommended that students work no more than 20 hours per week while in the program.
- Students with hours in Cosmetology from another college or high school tech prep, may apply to take placement exam for CSME 1254, 1310, 1501, and 1505.
- Students who withdraw may be readmitted one time only.
- Cosmetology Operator Certificate – Fall
- Facial Specialist Certificate – Fall
- Operator Certificate - Fulltime, 3 Semesters - Fall, Spring, Summer M-F 7:30am - 4pm
- Facial Specialist Certificate - 2 Semesters - Fall and Spring T-W-TH 7:30am - 4pm
Judith Watson, 281-312-1545 or email@example.com