LSC-TV is accepting submissions for its new show “Short Film Showcase”. LSC-TV is seen in over 17,000 households in the Kingwood/Humble area via Suddenlink cable. The show is intended to help promote and exhibit the work of local Texas filmmakers and Texas-made films. We are planning to have the show air regularly several times per week, with new episodes coming every few months.
Update: The premier episode of the LSC-TV Short Film Showcase aired in June. We would like to thank everyone who submitted work for consideration.
Films for this episode included:
- “Peanub Bubber” by Renato Quijada
- “Kacie Wants Her Bike” by David Roy
- "mothers/daughters de-install" by Mari Omori
- "The Shadow on the Wall" by Clay Ayers
We are now accepting submissions for our next episode!
We are looking for narrative, documentary, experimental and/or animated works no longer than thirty minutes in length. To be considered for broadcast, all content of the works should be acceptable to a general, daytime, broadcast audience (see TV Guide’s explanation of TV content ratings). The Showcase will be open to filmmakers of all backgrounds, including students, hobbyists, and professionals.
LSC-TV will neither charge a fee for inclusion in the show, nor will it provide compensation. Please read the Release form carefully.
LSC-TV does not guarantee the broadcast of any or all submitted films, and withholds the right to deny broadcast of any submission without explanation.
What to Submit:
- A signed Release form (download here)
- A brief, typed biography of the filmmakers (no longer than 300 words)
- A brief, typed description of the film
- The film itself on one of the following:
- A mini-DV tape or
- A video DVD or
- A data DVD or
- A USB flash drive
- LSC-TV WILL NOT ACCEPT SUBMISSIONS VIA HYPERLINKS OR FTP LINKS OR ANY OTHER INTERNET FILE-SHARING PROTOCOL
- LSC-TV will NOT return any materials sent with your submission
Please mail all of the requested materials to:
Lone Star College-Kingwood
20000 Kingwood Drive, Kingwood, TX 77339
ATTN: Short Film Showcase
If you have any questions, please send an email to Daniel.H.Ko@LoneStar.edu.