LSC-Kingwood: Truth Alliance
Meet the Truth Alliance Officers
Kevin Salisbury, Vice President
- Why did you join this organization? I was asked to join, and I'm interested in the mission of the Truth Alliance.
- What are your goals for the semester? To have an incredible impact for Christ on the people around me; to work hard "as to the Lord" in all that I do; to show love to everyone.
- What are your goals for the organization? To reach out to people that don't have a relationship with Christ or who need strengthening in their walk with the Lord.
- What are your career interests? Missions and law enforcement.
- What are your hobbies outside of school? Sports; studying God's Word; serving in various mission opportunities; mentoring and encouraging other Christians; music (and worship through music).
I grew up in Ohio and moved to Texas when I was young. I've been homeschooled my entire life and surrendered myself to Christ when I was five years old. I have been going to church all my life, and I attend Humble Area's First Baptist Church. My career plans are not definitely outlined, so as of now, I am waiting on the Lord's direction for my life and in the meantime serving Him wherever I am.
"If you have trouble understanding the validity of God's Word or do not believe it is valid and is truth, this club will present the evidence behind God's Word." -Kevin Salisbury
Jonathan Long, Head of Research
Major: Undeclared/Dual Credit
- Why did you join this organization? To help myself and others learn more about the evidence behind the Christian faith.
- What are your goals for the semester? To perform well in my classes in preparation for my transfer to a university and to support the Truth Alliance.
- What are your goals for the organization? For it to grow and survive long after the original leaders are gone.
- What are your career interests? I am undecided at this point, but am looking into a career in engineering.
- What are your hobbies outside of school? Reading, sports, and music
I am a homeschooled dual credit student who has been coming to Lone Star since the Fall of 2011. Serving at the Truth Alliance is a chance for me to serve Christ and teach others about Him.
"We're here to look at life's oldest questions: Who are we? Why are we here? What's with this Jesus guy anyway? If you've ever wondered about any of these questions, come to the Truth Alliance. Don't be put off by the Christian label!"-Jonathan Long
Leah Pyle, Public Relations Officer
Major: Dual Credit
- Why did you join this organization? I support the values and goals of the Truth Alliance
- What are your goals for the semester? To maintain a 4.0 GPA and to grow from my experiences at Lone Star College - Kingwood.
- What are you career interests? Criminal Justice, Homicide Detective, or an English major with a minor in Arabic.
- What are your hobbies outside of school? Basketball and Classical Voice
I am entering Lone Sar College - Kingwood as a seventeen-year old homeschooled junior in high school. I enjoy and pursue basketball, voice, and service in my local church. My goal is to graduate high school in the spring of 2015 and to pursue a degree in Criminal Justice or English.
"Have you ever wondered why science and Christianity seem to be at war? What if they could coincide with one another? Join our organization for answers." - Leah Pyle
Krista Woodson, Public Relations Officer
Major: Physical Therapy Assistant and Cross-Cultural Missions
- Why did you join this organization? I was asked to join and I am very excited to be a part of this organization.
- What are your goals for the semester? My goal is to make good grades and get one step closer to my degree.
- What are your goals for the organization? To honor God in everything we do.
- What are your career interests? Physical Therapy Assistant and Missions
- What are your hobbies outside of school? Basketball and drama
I am a dual-credit student here at Lone Star. I have been serving God as my personal Savior for as long as I can remember. I lead the youth drama team at my church and I am very involved in various church ministries. However, missions are my passion; I love going on mission trips wherever they take me. In addition to serving locally, I have seved on mission teams in NV, CO, SC, NY, and even Cairo, Egypt. I am also very involved with a local ministry called Vision for Christ which provides medical are to people in need all over the world. I assist in organizing the trips and lead the drama team. I plan to become a certified physical therapy assistant through the program at Lone Star College. In addition to that, I plan to attend Southwestern Assemblies of God University and earn a degree in Cross-cultural Missions. Aside from ministry, I love basketball and have been playing in a competitive league for over nine years.
"This club is one of the best clubs on campus. If you have any questions about religion, then this is a great place for you to begin finding your answers." -Krista Woodson