1. Familiarize yourself with signs of stress.
2. Get enough rest, exercise regularly, and maintain a healthy diet.
3. Have a life outside of your job.
4. Avoid tobacco, alcohol, drugs, and excessive caffeine.
5. Draw strength from faith, friends, and family.
6. Maintain your sense of humor.
7. Have a personal preparedness plan.
8. Participate in training offered at your workplace.
9. Get a regular physical checkup.
10.Ask for help if you need it.
(U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, http://www.samhsa.gov/)