Respiratory Care Program
What is the HSRT exam?
The Health Science Reasoning Test (HSRT) is an evaluation tool that must be taken in order to be considered for entry into the Respiratory Care program. The HSRT is a 33 question exam that requires you to read medically related information and respond to questions based on the reading. All information needed to answer the questions is in the reading, so there is no need for Respiratory Care background information. THEA, SAT or ACT study guides may help you prepare for the exam.
Programs Testing Dates
|Spring 2015 Program
Testing October 1- November 15
|Summer 2015 Program
Testing March 1 - April 15
Testing Center Hours
Monday - Thursday: 7:30 am - 9:00 pm
Friday: 7:30 am - 4:30 pm
Saturday: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Respiratory Care Pre-Entrance HSRT Exam
- The HSRT exam is computer based.
- The HSRT exam may be taken only once per application period.
- If test is taken multiple times during the application period (including another campus) the first score will be used for ranking.
- The HSRT exam contains 33 multiple choice questions.
- Specifically designed to measure the skills dimension of critical thinking.
- Critical thinking questions in health sciences and clinical practice contexts, and presumes no specialized technical knowledge.
- 50 minute test
- $15.00 Paid to the Kingwood College Business Office
- This fee must be paid before taking the test (check or cash)
- Payment can be made on the day of the test
Materials Needed for the Test
- Picture Identification
- PAID RECEIPT from Kingwood College Business Office
Material Provided at the Test
- Scratch Paper